Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarthelt View Post
    I have now run the Razor 4 25p. It performs very similar to Fury 4 25p, but seems to have a little more bow lift. I had instant hole shot (4 of the 8 PVS plugs fully closed, 4 wide open), excellent grip, no chine, and tournament loaded with two guys, 26gal of fuel, and full livewells hit 70. I'm certain I could have eeked out a couple more mph, but we were in a tournament on a small body of water and only making short runs so I never got to really open it up.
    Sounds Like Mark has put more cup in the tips for bow lift , like the Tempest props and some models Bravo's.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palomar22 View Post
    Looking to try a different prop for my '04 201. Currently running a 2004 Merc 250 XS ( racing motor ) with the original silver colored Torquemaster ( not the wingmaster ) a 25 Tempest with moderate wear at roughly 3.5" below the pad. Hole shot is phenomenal, but im unimpressed with my top end. Im only seeing about 64mph @ 5500 RPM. Engine is running great, just had a full service done, so I know im good there. I had a friend tell me that he couldnt get a good top end with a standard Tempest either and he has exact same boat and motor as I have. The only Tempest he had luck with was a 26 pitch A45, which will run him into the upper 70's. However, im not interested in possibly destroying my lower unit due to a slung blade. Any suggestions?
    Yep if your is in good running order ,your prop is a dud.
    I have a a Old 1988 201 Pro with a 2.5 200 carb with a load and can run all day long @ 65 GPS with a Bravo 1 24 pitch prop at 3. 50 below pad .
    I run the old school Bravo1 with holes drill in it and it still has the the full flare . Which the boat runs flat .
    I can run a 25 pitch Temest Plus and it will run around 68 GPS . But has a ton of bow lift and you will have to drive it as the chine walk , comes in around 66 GPS if you not on top of it.

3. Member
    I had a similar rig (2002 21XL) and ran a 27P Tempest Plus. I ran high 70's consistently, I am in a slower rig now... :(
    I do still have 2 spares. One Brand new in the box and another that I only ran once. PM if you are interested.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12