Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    I have 0 issues with the ride of the newer 3500's The GM's do drive nicer than the Fords but they both ride good. I would NOT go with a diesel for what you are doing as you are not working it and that is even more important with the emissions now. CJ
    Thanks for confirming that I made the right decision in going for the 6.2L. I did the math and in the 22 years of owning my Suburban, I've averaged 10,000 mile/year, including family trips and taking two kids back on forth to college for 4 years each, which I won't be doing anymore. I really wanted to like the little diesel because of the potentially better gas mileage, but it's just too much of a dog, and now that you mentioned this part of it, I'm glad I decided to go gas.
    Last edited by MrLeadfoot; 10-28-2022 at 03:43 PM.
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

2. Member
    If the shocks on the new denalis are the same, or somewhat the same, as say the ‘15 denalis, then as far as the bounce goes, you should like it. I pull my boat with ‘14 Sierra Z71 and I know that boing boing bounce ur talkin about from the dips in the road. I always wondered about how pulling with my wife’s Denali would be with that suspension. I hooked up to it and pulled 500 miles on the interstate and never felt that bounce.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    If the shocks on the new denalis are the same, or somewhat the same, as say the ‘15 denalis, then as far as the bounce goes, you should like it. I pull my boat with ‘14 Sierra Z71 and I know that boing boing bounce ur talkin about from the dips in the road. I always wondered about how pulling with my wife’s Denali would be with that suspension. I hooked up to it and pulled 500 miles on the interstate and never felt that bounce.
    What exactly does your wife have in a Denali? Is it Sierra 1500, or...?
    1998 Viper Coral 201
    1998 Mercury Promax 300
    Sportmaster lower-end

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLeadfoot View Post
    What exactly does your wife have in a Denali? Is it Sierra 1500, or...?
    Sorry. Yes it’s a 1500 Sierra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12