CAYMAS Bass Boats - What, where and how does it work.

I bought a 22 CX 21 PRO a couple months ago and immediately started to arrange it to fit me and how I fish before putting it on the water for first time. Only problem is I’ve spent more time figuring things out like what the second acc 2 button on control panel runs (air bubbler) part of air-ration system. Was about to use that button to control something else till I heard a very quite motor turning on and off every few minutes. A few days later found the bubbler hidden behind a trolling motor battery. Also things like why won’t trolling motor turn on. Was shown a breaker hidden behind another trolling motor battery. I apparently hit the breaker test button and didn’t know it needed reset. Have no documentation showing where breakers are.

One thing I’ve had happen that was a time bandit, was running a communications cable between front Lowrance HDS 12 and the one at the helm using a fiberglass wire fishing tape. I taped the end of cable to fish tape and started pulling cable from helm to bow and got it stuck. Stuck for three hours, was ready to cut the cable until I used a drain camera to find out why it was stuck. Turns out there are wires and cables that are wire tied to the hull interior stringers. Somehow I got that big ball of tape and connecter at end of com cable between a cable and a stringer. Easy in - cussing getting it out.

There’s more but that’s for later discussions. With all the self discoveries I had to make on my own killing hours of time and loosing hours and hours of valuable sleep (I’m 2 ——old) the first couple weeks of boat ownership was all spent figuring it out and working on it. First time I had the new boat on the water was on the Red River (what a place to break in a boat) This was Tuesday before BASS open. Spent one hour practicing and rest of day breaking in motor. Wednesday only got a few hours practice. Needless to say i didn’t do very well.

Here I am again busting ass working on boat getting to fit me and still discovering things by trial and error getting ready for Sam Rayburn Open. Not retired yet, loosing valuable sleep making this boat my own.

Where am I going with all this? Could we have a sticky with nothing but tips about “ what is it, where is it, how does it work and watch out for whatever when doing whatever on CAYMAS boats and related equipment? Example: it took me two hours figuring out how to remove side panel on 250 Mercury XS so I could install shorter throttle cable. Could not find anything on internet showing how to do it.

My first tip - when wife asks how much you paid for your new CAYMAS boat tell her you paid nothing for it, it was free, they gave it to you. 😎. She called me a crazy old bass turd, I told her - yes I am and enjoying every second of it.

My second tip - pull this pin “see attached picture” to remove side panel on 250 Mercury XS. Don’t pry on panel and break it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ql0j0lp; 10-12-2022 at 02:42 AM.
    2022 CAYMAS CX 21 PRO

2. Member
    2022 CAYMAS CX 21 PRO

3. Member
    There is a Caymas tips and tricks Facebook page that you should check out. Lots of good info on that page.

Your dealer should have gone through the boat with you to show you everything when you picked it up. I know my dealer went through every button, breaker, and option that I had on my boat. The ACC switches are dependent on what options are installed so they could be different on each boat. I have the TH Marine Pro Air System and Oxygenator. ACC1 is for the Pro Air System and ACC2 is for the Oxygenator.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here and I am sure someone can help you out.

Congrats on your new boat!
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Caymas boats,tips,tricks,sales can answer all your concerns about your boat/trailer. Contact any of us here also for answers. Congratulations on your boat

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    There is a Caymas tips and tricks Facebook page that you should check out. Lots of good info on that page.

Your dealer should have gone through the boat with you to show you everything when you picked it up. I know my dealer went through every button, breaker, and option that I had on my boat. The ACC switches are dependent on what options are installed so they could be different on each boat. I have the TH Marine Pro Air System and Oxygenator. ACC1 is for the Pro Air System and ACC2 is for the Oxygenator.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here and I am sure someone can help you out.

Congrats on your new boat!