Thru hull 2d Sonar

My last 2 Nitros did not do well tracking the bottom while on plane, anyone had a lowrance thru hull sonar that reads the bottom while on plane? And on Nitro z20/21
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Member
    When on plane in my 22' z20 with HDS-9 Live. 2d gives me accurate depth readings, but other than that the imagine is more of a blur. I don't have previous experience with any other units to compare though..

Quote Originally Posted by BossMan_913 View Post
    When on plane in my 22' z20 with HDS-9 Live. 2d gives me accurate depth readings, but other than that the imagine is more of a blur. I don't have previous experience with any other units to compare though..
    do you know where the ducer is mounted inside the boat?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Not exact comparison but I’ve had 4 transducers in my z21 and not one reads past 30mph
    Nitro z21

I would be ok with 30mph, mine were loosing bottom before getting on plane, and they were not factory installed. So This guy could be the issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    do you know where the ducer is mounted inside the boat?
    About a foot from the drain plug in the bilge where all the pumps are, directly under the battery's. I also have 4 transducers, and made sure to identify and name them all on my HDS, then verified 2d/downscan etc were all using the correct ones. I've see depth reading that closely match the lake at up to 45-50 mph. Most of the lakes I've been on this year have a speed limit of 45. I'll try to remember to get a pic Saturday while on the water.
    Last edited by BossMan_913; 10-12-2022 at 08:51 AM.

7. Member
    I’ve had two in hull ducers glued in. Neither worked very well.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I would be ok with 30mph, mine were loosing bottom before getting on plane, and they were not factory installed. So This guy could be the issue.
    These pics are from this past Saturday in the morning. Had one pic at 47mph but it was to blurry to make out.

Looking at the graph split.
    Top left is Speed over ground.
    Top right is Depth with the 2d Puck
    Top right under Depth is water temp.

hds9-1.jpghds9-2.jpghds9-3.jpghds9-4.jpg

The only time I notice it drops bottom is if I'm in deep water at speed and hit a shallow section it may --- for a few seconds but has always adjusted back.

Thanks boat should be here by the end of the month.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    I actually have a lowrance hdi transducer epoxied on in my bilge, I know some dont like that or say it cant be done, it works till just under 50 or so really well. Provides good 2d imaging. Its set just ahead of drain plug and has been trouble free
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    The factory installed an in-hull transducer and a transom mounted transducer for the Helix in our 2021 Z19, I am able to see 2D and get depth readings up to 45-50 mph. Even at depths beyond 300 feet. (We have deep reservoirs). It is not always consistent. The transom mount transducer is out of the water on plane. The in-hull unit is mounted dead center about 3 inches in front of the drain plug.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

If they mount it in the reinforced section in the bilge, mine has never worked. 3 Nitros and not one has given a return even sitting still on the water.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team