Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    100% agree with this. My son slayed them all year on the baby Z too and just rotated colors until he found that color, that day. In general the white out fished the others.

I tried for the bigger bite using the Z Too and for whatever reason they chomp that smaller profile.

It matched the hatch this year, that’s for sure. Pearl blue glimmer was my hot color.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    Maybe there is something with morning dawn and CA that works that doesn't work elsewhere in the country. ???
    I've never had luck fishing that color for smallies near me. I've done ok with them fishing for largies and spots in California though.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I've never had luck fishing that color for smallies near me. I've done ok with them fishing for largies and spots in California though.

Maybe that is the key, ie its a largemouth thing???

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    100% agree with this. My son slayed them all year on the baby Z too and just rotated colors until he found that color, that day. In general the white out fished the others.

I tried for the bigger bite using the Z Too and for whatever reason they chomp that smaller profile.
    One thing I always wonder with the Baby Z Too — can you pre-soak them in scent and if so, do you use a water-based scent or oil-based? And does it need to soak for an extended time? If anyone has any tips on this, I’d sure be grateful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    One thing I always wonder with the Baby Z Too — can you pre-soak them in scent and if so, do you use a water-based scent or oil-based? And does it need to soak for an extended time? If anyone has any tips on this, I’d sure be grateful. Thanks!
    I'm fairly confident that Pro Cure is the only one that Z-man actually recommends. In fact they have some baits that have Pro Cure scent added. The scented Jerk ShadZ is one example, which I'm 99% sure is just a (full size) Z Too that's targeted toward inshore fishing and carries Z-Man branding and of course has the scent added. I think it's also the same shape as their StreakZ as well, though the StreakZ is sold in bass colors and has no scent.

I've had luck using the...jelly? type scents on Z-man baits. Stuff like Liquid Mayhem, a local option called BillyRub. I'd be a little weary of anything oil based just due to the way Elaztech reacts with PVC, though I'm not quite sure what the "jelly" type scents are made from if I'm honest.

Long way of saying that I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had any luck with soaking them, too. Absent that, my immediate reaction is to try it with a single bait in a secure Ziplock to see what happens.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

DrewFlu — thanks very much! That is really good info.

7. Member
    By far my best is PowerTeam Lures 5" finicky ticklers. And Runsome, their Hog Tonic works fine on Elaztech. No reactions, nothing like that.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    By far my best is PowerTeam Lures 5" finicky ticklers. And Runsome, their Hog Tonic works fine on Elaztech. No reactions, nothing like that.
    Thanks very much Milehibird! I love Hog Tonic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123