Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Add me to the waiting list for 1
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

2. Member
    be cool if you posted a video of how to install the finished product.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    be cool if you posted a video of how to install the finished product.
    I’ll let you use my boat to make the video

4. Member
    Count me in for one. Thanks.

5. Member
    Is this project compensating for? Additional weight of complete set up for ML,M360,Brackets,Live target lock, Henessey adaptor plate? What is this update attempting to assist in exactly. So far I am only reading about a upgraded strut but what is it compensating for? Thanks in advance.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Is this project compensating for? Additional weight of complete set up for ML,M360,Brackets,Live target lock, Henessey adaptor plate? What is this update attempting to assist in exactly. So far I am only reading about a upgraded strut but what is it compensating for? Thanks in advance.
    It is to overcome the added weight to an Ultrex if you have all three devices.

It's an alternative to the accessory Ultrex mount for those with a combo MEGA 360/MEGA LIVE/Target Lock. You replace the gas spring instead of replacing a whole mount.
    Ron's versions will be available for various amounts of weight added to the mount.

This is the Minnkota accessory and available in three sizes:

MEGA Live Imaging TargetLock and MEGA 360 Imaging Ultrex Accessory Mount - 112lb, 45" | Minn Kota Motors (johnsonoutdoors.com)

AND it is an alternative to another modification using two factory available gas springs like this that requires more customization:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Review this thread where it all started: Ultrex larger gas piston (bbcboards.net)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks for answering those questions for me Wayne!! We're in a bit of a holding pattern guys. The gas spring vendor had an internal glitch as they describe it so my order went to someone else and I received a single spring that wouldn't lift the 360 by itself let alone all the weight that we're trying to compensate for. They promise to have things squared away today/tomorrow and that my order should ship the end of this week. I'm also waiting on the rough cut aluminum stock to arrive so that I can start machining the piece to connect the spring to the mount from MinnKota. I haven't heard a firm delivery date from them so I'm not sure how much longer we'll have to wait. I'll keep you updated!!!

9. Member
    Good to know you’re still getting after this. I spent 3 days deploying and stowing this set-up in Windy conditions, and as doable as it was, it wasn’t comfortable. Praying that little cable stayed in its keeper. Lol

10. BBC SPONSOR
    First shipment of springs has arrived. I nice mixture of 1750N for the 52" and 1400 N for the 45". Now if only the aluminum stock would get here I could start machining the final adapter pieces!!!IMG_0391.jpg

11. Member
    With ultrex di,ml,m360, to me just dont seem to take alot of effort to deploy or retrieve. All I did was remove that short rope and cheap handle,went to lowes and bought stuff to make longer pull cable. Longer cable = less effort for me at least.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Then I'll mark you off the list for the upgrade kit. :) For the rest of us mere mortals there is a lot of weight to yank on 100 times a day while out fishing and we'll take the lift assist help.

With ultrex di,ml,m360, to me just dont seem to take alot of effort to deploy or retrieve. All I did was remove that short rope and cheap handle,went to lowes and bought stuff to make longer pull cable. Longer cable = less effort for me at least.

Mark me down

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

14. Member
    I would like one if it will work on the 2” ultrex.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

15. BBC SPONSOR
    the 52”? Yes, will have those soon also.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    I would like one if it will work on the 2” ultrex.

16. Member
    Yep finger skipped the 5
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

17. Member
    need assist for 45" 80lb. with 360 and rite-hite hanging off it. need help

18. Member
    Any thing ever come of this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123