20TRX is saltwater?

So, does anyone run a Triton bass boat in salt water? If got a 2019 with a Fourstroke ProXS and would like to fish for reds and trout in coastal NC. A guy a Triton said there would be an issue with salt water in the bunks where they touch the hull. Anyone here have experience with this?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Member
    I wouldn't consider putting a painted steel trailer in anything but fresh water.

3. Member
    I have fished my Stratos and Tritons in saltwater almost every year in the winter for probably 30 years.
    Saltwater is hard on all metal. Rinse aggressively after every day trip. I know I am doing a good job when my bilge comes on at least twice while spraying carpet and everything down.
    Expect to have some little issues come up due to corrosion but that's just the cost of having fun.
    I mentally budget $300-$500/year due to corrosion damage but it really is mostly impacting the steel trailer.
    I spray corrosion inhibitor all around the engine, metal fittings and even my fishing tools before and during my time in saltwater.
    Regarding the Trailer however, expect to have bigger, unseen issues come up due to corrosion.
    I trailer my boat about 5,000 miles per year (Canada in the summer and Florida in the Winter) and these steel tube trailers are shit!

I splurged and bought a tandem axle, disc brake, LED lighted, swing tongue, Aluminum Trailer from Master Marine in Tullahoma, Tennessee and absolutely love it.
    Picked it up in April, 2022. Paid $8,380 including tax. There was a "shortage" of just about everything when I ordered it (November, 2021) and prices just kept going up.

I bought it from Julia Fritz at Gilliam Marine in Tullahoma, Tennessee (931-461-3230). Outstanding Service.
    Julia now works for Master Marine (which is is the same town!) but pretty sure Gilliam Marine will do well by you.
    Master Marine has the exact measurements for your boat so it will sit perfectly on your new aluminum trailer.
    I dragged my boat down there, had it fit perfectly to the trailer and then enjoyed some Tennessee fishing. Beautiful country and Folks down there.

Freshwater is wonderful for fishing but seriously, saltwater fish are so much fun and so powerful.

Be well and hope this information helps.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

4. Member
    Might be best to launch upriver in some fresh water so you don't get your trailer in salt water, and since you will be running in fresh water on the way back you won't have to flush the motor or worry about salt getting between the boat and trailer bunks.