Elite livewell question

A couple things I notice about the livewells in my 210. While I don't tourney fish all that often, when I do, the fish seem to be so lively when removing them, it's almost like they are are still on the line. I don't know if it's the design or combination of oxygenator and aeration, but in any case it seems to work well. The question I have, does anyone else dislike the very dark color of the wells? Being large and deep, that even with the livewell lights on, the fish seem to disappear near the bottom and are really hard to corral or check their condition during the day. The one thing I liked about an old Ranger I had was the white wells, it made it so easy to see the fish. I've heard the dark helps keep the fish calm, but with the lid closed, I doubt it really matters anyway.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Champion has kind of a medium gray livewell & the fish are easy to see / check on. It also has just recirculation pumps and like you say, they are plenty lively. The only fish I've lost were gill hooked and would have died regardless. Don't know why they'd use dark coating in the livewells unless the dark is supposed to calm them down.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    They have used black for 25 plus years in their boats.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    They have used black for 25 plus years in their boats.
    Never knew that, as I said the livewell works amazingly so and that is the purpose after all. Livewell lights, while nice to have in theory, do little if nothing at all to help see the fish.

Put a white bathtub matt in the bottom of it.