Helix 10 not displaying 2D sonar

Hello, I have an Ultrex 80 mdi ipilot link trolling motor and a brand new Helix 10 chirp DI mega SI mega gn4. The 2D sonar and the Di images are not showing correctly. 2D is just black and it reads 1200’ deep. DI reads the same depth, but I can get it to work if I manually set the depth. I have the Built in HW MDI+ transducer selected on the Helix. I also have the MKR MI 1 adapter cable installed. I checked the battery voltage at the Helix power inlet. It was 12.6 volts. The Ultrex has only been used about 20 times, so I doubt the transducer is damaged. One thing that could be wrong is that I pinched the transducer cable coming from the trolling motor. I replaced it with cable number 490507-2B 5121. The original cable was 490507-2B 1821. Is there something I’m missing? Is there a setting I need to change? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cgb24@yahoo.com; 10-08-2022 at 01:33 PM.

2. Member
    Update. Yesterday I was hoping to test some settings, but the unit would not load past the startup screen. It did eventually load, but I had to unplug it several times and restart it. Today it won’t load up at all.

3. Member
    The helix unit is not getting stuck on startup anymore. It was the Lakemaster chip messing up the startup (thank you I found that info on the forum). I rechecked everything and I found that I had bent the connector pins in the control head of the trolling motor when I replaced the transducer wire. I straitened the pins and I ordered a new cable. Is there any chance I damaged the transducer or the Helix when I bent the pins. Two of the pins were touching each other.

4. Member
    I tested my Helix on the water today, and it worked! The issue was that I had bent connector pins at the transducer and US2 extension connection. The connection is located under the control head cover. I appreciate bbcboards as reading through posts gave me inspiration. I do wish at least one person would have posted a helpful reply. Perhaps my solo log of my experience will help someone else.