Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    The only thing that disappoints me with the 1875 Impact XS is the 150 hp rating. The boat is bigger than the 1875 Pro V Bass which has the 200 hp rating. There is no reason they couldn't hang a 200 on the back of the Impact other than their push to get people into the 1875 Pro V with the 200 rating. That to me is the single biggest flaw with the 1875 Impact.
    I think the reason for the 150 rating is for a kicker motor that some people get on there.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaddic View Post
    I think the reason for the 150 rating is for a kicker motor that some people get on there.
    No, it is simply to upsell to the Pro V. The horsepower ratings are determined by a length/width/weight formula from the US Coast Guard. By all rights, the Impact could be rated for a 200, if a boat the same width and 2" shorter could be rated for a 200. The manufacturer can choose to limit the horsepower to anything they wish under the rating determined by the formula from the USCG. Technically any boat over 20 feet long has no horsepower limit based on the USCG guidelines but many manufacturers limit it to 250/300/350 or whatever, but that is a manufacturer driven decision. The manufactures will often times limit the hp ratings on their "lesser equipped" boats so that the hardcore guys that want to maximize performance on the water will be driven up to the higher end boats.

Take a look at what Vexus did with their aluminum lineup. They released the boats with very low hp limits compared to the size of the vessel and received a ton of backlash from it. They increased the hp limits on a couple of them because they weren't selling very well and those that did buy them complained about performance from being underpowered. Even after raising the limits, they are still under the USCG guidelines for each respective size on what should be extremely popular boats. Instead, if you want to get their maximum performance boats, you must step up into the fiberglass models. I've been in several of their boats and they are built very well from what I have seen first hand, but they are shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the hp and in turn the ownership experience. If they wanted to sell a ton of boats, the AVX2080 would have a 250 (200 rating), the AVX1980 would have a 225 (150 rating), and the AVX1880 would have a 150 or 175 (115 rating).

The Bass Cat Sabre FTD is 18'-1" with a 93" beam and carries a 175, the AVX 1880 is 18'-10" and 94" beam. You put the right sized motor on a Vexus and they couldn't build them fast enough to keep up with demand.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    No, it is simply to upsell to the Pro V. The horsepower ratings are determined by a length/width/weight formula from the US Coast Guard. By all rights, the Impact could be rated for a 200, if a boat the same width and 2" shorter could be rated for a 200. The manufacturer can choose to limit the horsepower to anything they wish under the rating determined by the formula from the USCG. Technically any boat over 20 feet long has no horsepower limit based on the USCG guidelines but many manufacturers limit it to 250/300/350 or whatever, but that is a manufacturer driven decision. The manufactures will often times limit the hp ratings on their "lesser equipped" boats so that the hardcore guys that want to maximize performance on the water will be driven up to the higher end boats.

Take a look at what Vexus did with their aluminum lineup. They released the boats with very low hp limits compared to the size of the vessel and received a ton of backlash from it. They increased the hp limits on a couple of them because they weren't selling very well and those that did buy them complained about performance from being underpowered. Even after raising the limits, they are still under the USCG guidelines for each respective size on what should be extremely popular boats. Instead, if you want to get their maximum performance boats, you must step up into the fiberglass models. I've been in several of their boats and they are built very well from what I have seen first hand, but they are shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the hp and in turn the ownership experience. If they wanted to sell a ton of boats, the AVX2080 would have a 250 (200 rating), the AVX1980 would have a 225 (150 rating), and the AVX1880 would have a 150 or 175 (115 rating).

The Bass Cat Sabre FTD is 18'-1" with a 93" beam and carries a 175, the AVX 1880 is 18'-10" and 94" beam. You put the right sized motor on a Vexus and they couldn't build them fast enough to keep up with demand.
    I agree with you on the Vexus, they are nice boats but the motors are way too small, I would want an 1880 with a 150 at least, a Ranger RT188 with a 150 would be nice as well, I have no need for a boat any larger than those, and they would fit under my carport better than a 19-20' boat does.

4. Member
    Well I can say their ADX 190 is one fine looking rig. From a fit and finish stand point it blows away the Lund Impact. No plastic, has dry storage, compression latches, trailer built in house and I can rig one out with a 175 loaded up for less than a ProV, they also use 150 gauge aluminum all the way around, hull transom and freeboard’s… New model so that impacts the question of how durable the floor paint and hull welds are, but you can tell the vexus is a step up in layout and materials used. Hard to not consider the ADX 190

5. Member
    The ADX 190 is a very nice looking boat. no doubt about that. I think the base price they show on their page is probably with a 150 and hydraulic steering, by the time you add those to an Impact you would likely be in the same range for base price, or pretty damn close.

6. Member
    I priced one out loaded up with two Helix graphs, Ultrex, dual axle, led package, compartment shocks 175 SHO jackplate etc... Came out at right around 65K, the Lund Impact 1875 with a 150 single axle trailer two Helix graphs and Ulterra 80 was Just under 63. Seems like you are getting a bit more with the Vexus. Lund would prolly be cheaper if they didn’t charge u for decals or 500 for a basic onboard charger. That being said I don’t think the ADX 190 is comparable to the Impact 1875, from a material standpoint and HP rating I’d say it’s more in line with the Pro V which is far more expensive
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 10-31-2022 at 07:49 PM.

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    I priced one out loaded up with two Helix graphs, Ultrex, dual axle, led package, compartment shocks 175 SHO jackplate etc... Came out at right around 65K, the Lund Impact 1875 with a 150 single axle trailer two Helix graphs and Ulterra 80 was Just under 63. Seems like you are getting a bit more with the Vexus. Lund would prolly be cheaper if they didn’t charge u for decals or 500 for a basic onboard charger. That being said I don’t think the ADX 190 is comparable to the Impact 1875, from a material standpoint and HP rating I’d say it’s more in line with the Pro V which is far more expensive
    Holy krud!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

8. Member
    Nothing is cheap these days my man, especially boats.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Check out this place, they're a high volume Lund dealer, and only one other dealer in the country came close on price when I bought my Tyee earlier this year.
    https://www.mroutboards.com/
    2022 Lund Tyee 1875, Merc 200

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123