Thread: Talon Issue

Talon Issue

I previously posted about a rattle when getting on plane and I'm pretty sure this is the bigger issue. When the port side talon deploys the whole inside assembly deploys.
    It is very noisy, to put it mildly, and would explain why it never seems to anchor on that side. I tightened the screws and it helped a time or two but the issue eventually came back.
    Anyone ever seen this before? Remedy?
    Thanks

image_50397697.JPG

2. Member
    Have you ever cleaned it after use? It indicates to me that the mechanical latch on the third stage which is exposed in the picture many need cleaning. It is either dirty or broken. This usually happens when it is dirty. The mechanical latch is at the bottom of the third stage and the second stage. Flus it out real good and then extend it out completely. Clean again every stage with the water hose. Get some house hold pledge and spray the slots on the second and third stage. Extend and retract 2 - 3 time by laying on the deck of the boat.
    If this doea not work then bring to an ASC for them to look at. You may have a major or minor internal problem