Thread: Table Rock

Table Rock

I’m thinking of going to Table Rock next year. I’ve never been and would like to fish it. When would the best time to fish it?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    The month of April is my favorite

I would say anytime from late March to early May...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

4. Member
    If I had to choose 1 month probably April. For us Locals November and December as well. Cold and nasty is Table Rock weather but it's not the best time for a vacation.

5. Member
    I like March through May. August-September are humbling, don’t ask me how I know��

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjockey View Post
    If I had to choose 1 month probably April. For us Locals November and December as well. Cold and nasty is Table Rock weather but it's not the best time for a vacation.

Agree 100%. Best days I've ever had on Table Rock is when it's nasty out. Prespawn is really good as well if you want warmer temps for a vacay
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

7. Member
    I spend a couple days down there several weeks ago and went out of Bent Hook Marina close to Big Cedar. I was not impressed with Big Cedar when it comes to a fishing base- WAY too yuppie/touristy. It is very expensive- me and a buddy ate at the Top of the Rock Buffalo Bar and we literally couldn't get out for less than $100 for two of the cheapest meals w/ water- and this wasn't the "fancy" restaurant option either. There was not drop in and park truck and trailer ramp close by either. Fishing was pretty bad at those days (Oct. 10-11) but we caught a few on drop shots-the biggest a 17 inch smallie. That was my first time fishing it as well and I fished out of someone else's boat-next time I will fish solo out of my own boat- somewhere other than that area around Big Cedar Lodge.

8. Member
    I live on TR and have fished it for 40 years. Probably have caught the most fish the last week of April and first week of May (dam area), up lake a little earlier. If you want to catch a big bass, you should fish late winter or early spring.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200