Big girls were biting this morning

Didn’t get out last week but was able to go for a few hours this morning. Wound up having what I think is my best five bag limit ever (can’t say for sure since I didn’t have my scale with me). I’m guessing it was 23-24 pounds. Caught three that I think would go four pounds and then caught one I think was five and a half and another I think would have gone six or a little over. Caught all of them working a lipless crankbait (lift/drop). Tried other baits as well. Started off with a buzzbait, then a spinnerbait, and then a suspending jerk-bait before tying on the lipless. After the bite slowed on the lipless I tried a jackhammer using the same lift/drop and caught one around three pounds. Overall a very successful day and considering how bad fishing has been for me over the last couple months, it was a much needed confidence boost.

2. Member
    Congratulations that’s a big sack!!! I had a desert Saturday morning, better than staying home. Hopefully the bass will start biting good with the cool down.

3. Member
    The bite was tuff Saturday morning got several on a buzz bait then they just shut down about 730am.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Went back out to the same lake on Sunday, 10/9 and hit them pretty good again. Still not a lot of numbers (caught 8 bass), but brought my digital scale with me this time and my best 5 went 20 1/2 pounds, so I was very happy with the quality. Caught all of them on the same bait as last weekend (LV500 lipless crankbait). Caught 3 in the same area as last weekend, including my biggest which was 4 3/4 pounds, and caught the other 5 in a different area, but similar characteristics (sharper dropoff near a weed edge). Hope everyone else is enjoying some good fall fishing as well.

5. Member
    That’s really good quality of bass. I would definitely rather catch nice sized ones than a bunch of smaller once. I was able to get out last Saturday and it was just that. Good number but no size Lol. I’ve got this Thursday and Friday off work so planing on fishing Thursday, Friday planning on spending it with my wife,than back to fishing Saturday morning.