Could one of you guys that Fish Chick PM me

Thinking of coming down in the spring
    Would like to ask a few questions on the lake since i have never been.

2. Member
    I only fish there a couple times of year but I’ll just say if you’re coming from Missouri, unless you have another reason to be in the area you could be at much Better fisheries in with the same length of drive. Chick isn’t what it was in the early 2010’s. Pressure and natural cycles have really put a hurting on that place.

Not really any other reason to go other than fishing.
    We like to try and go somewhere each year to fish thats new.
    Chick has always been a place i have wanted to go and I love the east TN area.
    If anyone could suggest some places to go would be awesome.

4. Member
    I wouldn't drive from Sullivan, MO to fish Chick and I live 40 miles away from Chattanooga, TN.
    February and March have the potential for big fish,
    April and May can be good for numbers,
    but it has been hammered 365 over the past several years and it's not near the lake it was 10 years ago.
    If you want to visit with no pre conceived notions, come for a week and fish a day on Chick, Nickajack, Guntersville, Carters (in NW Georgia, big spots live there).
    If you are in Chattanooga, you are on Chick and Nickajack, an hour from Guntersville and an hour ish from Carters.
    Good luck in your decision.

5. Member
    A lot of truth in these posted statements. Heavy pressure daily on that lake including more tournaments than anyone can keep up with every week. I live an hour from Chic and refuse to even go on the weekends. Weekdays are busy. It's a great lake and a bucket list lake. I would encourage you to go with a great guide for a day or two and get things figured out then fish out the rest of the week. A second option, Chick and Guntersville are a dream week of fishing and an hour's drive from each other. I'd be happy to give you a couple of recommendations on a Chic guide. One even has a lodge with garage parking for your boat.

6. Member
    Chick is a perfect example of what social media and overpromotion by the ones cashing in will do to a lake.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Chick is a perfect example of what social media and overpromotion by the ones cashing in will do to a lake.
    Dale Hollow is on it's way now too..... Byrdstown has learned the money making potential from Dayton.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

8. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Dale Hollow is on it's way now too..... Byrdstown has learned the money making potential from Dayton.
    It's already there. It is TOUGH to get bit most days right now and getting harder I think.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    It's already there. It is TOUGH to get bit most days right now and getting harder I think.
    I agree! Dale has pretty much been destroyed from what it once was

10. Member
    I have spent the last 10 weeks on Dale. Fished it for 30 years now. This is the worst that it has ever been. Social media has destroyed it. With the advent of live imaging fish have nowhere to hide. I have caught maybe 5-10% of the numbers of fish from 1 year ago. There is just way too much pressure. I’m worried that the Tennessee lakes will eventually be subject to fishing seasons, Due to all the pressure.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrokarJigN View Post
    I have spent the last 10 weeks on Dale. Fished it for 30 years now. This is the worst that it has ever been. Social media has destroyed it. With the advent of live imaging fish have nowhere to hide. I have caught maybe 5-10% of the numbers of fish from 1 year ago. There is just way too much pressure. I’m worried that the Tennessee lakes will eventually be subject to fishing seasons, Due to all the pressure.
    sir you are 110% correct!!!! Also don’t overlook the huge migration of people moving into Tennessee as a factor also

12. Member
    Tournament pressure is Tennessee in getting so bad. I won’t really fish the weekends anymore. I prefer Nickajack over Chick just because of the boat traffic.
    Basscat!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Tournament pressure is Tennessee in getting so bad. I won’t really fish the weekends anymore. I prefer Nickajack over Chick just because of the boat traffic.
    Same here. I live just inside Georgia and can be at Wolfiever or Grasshopper in 45 minutes, but go to Watts Bar or Nickajack to avoid the Chick crowds.