So I was wondering why my live-well didn't work... LOL

I took my new Coral out for her maiden voyage this yesterday. Before I did, I noticed that the overflow for the live well was plugged from the outside. Really weird, but I unplug it and cast off. I then try to test the live well, but it won't fill! I thought I could hear the pump but figured I was wrong. I get home to find that I've lost my livewell screen and see this!
    livewell1 (2).jpg

Is that a plug from the inside? OMG! (And yes I put the overflow plug back in.. I have no idea why..)

2. Member
    Is this a brand new or new to you boat? That staining around the drain plug looks strange.

3. Member
    New to me.
    Those aren't stains. Its just trash that washed out after I pulled the drain. Camera maybe made it look like stains.
    The thing that is so weird is that someone plugged the livewell. Now I have to find out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Is this a brand new or new to you boat? That staining around the drain plug looks strange.

4. Member
    Plugging the livewell means you have more dry storage for use.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Looks like the livewell intake is also blocked off. If you put it back in service, that larger footprint should have a strainer over it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Looks like the livewell intake is also blocked off. If you put it back in service, that larger footprint should have a strainer over it.
    That's the part that has me confused. It looks like its plugged from the inside. I need to open the bilge and look at it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsws6 View Post
    That's the part that has me confused. It looks like its plugged from the inside. I need to open the bilge and look at it.
    If it is plugged from the inside, the livewell pump had to be removed to do it, therefore, if you want to use your livewells as intended by the builder, you will need to replace some of the system plumbing.
    If you take some pictures from the bilge area, it will give a better indicator of what is left.

8. Member
    I plug my livewell intake and fill my entire livewell plumbing with anti-freeze in preparation for winter on a boat lift. The boat sits slighting bow down on the lift, so water can be trapped between the inlet and the valve. Maybe the former owner did the same thing.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200