Thread: Patoka

Patoka

Hello All,

Heading to Patoka this weekend for fun fishing, haven't fished there this year. How's the fishing been? Any good? Any Grass on the main? Just trying to decide if I show go Main lake or go to the creeks. Any help will be appreciated!

Some weeds by islands near beach and by south ramp.

3. Member
    Fishing isn't any better than it had been. Could go and catch 15-20lbs or not even catch a single fish. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Fishing isn't any better than it had been. Could go and catch 15-20lbs or not even catch a single fish. Ask me how I know.
    The "not even catch a single fish" pattern has been pretty reliable for me the last couple trips.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Hey Guys thanks for the info! There are weeds around the islands & around the island in front of Osbourne. Also found a few other spotty patches of grass, just no fish in them.. Typical Patoka, fished 4 hrs Friday & had 4- keepers for around 12.5 lbs & 7 short fish... Fished the same pattern all day Saturday & had 1- 15" fish and 4 shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by JoCobassman View Post
    Hey Guys thanks for the info! There are weeds around the islands & around the island in front of Osbourne. Also found a few other spotty patches of grass, just no fish in them.. Typical Patoka, fished 4 hrs Friday & had 4- keepers for around 12.5 lbs & 7 short fish... Fished the same pattern all day Saturday & had 1- 15" fish and 4 shorts!
    I would say Friday was a stellar day for you 4 hrs and 4 keeps. Not bad.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Some weeds by islands near beach and by south ramp.
    Don't tell the DNR, they will spray those areas also.