new $9.8 million lake and trail boat dealership in Okeechobee.

https://www.southcentralfloridalife....eechobee,24414

Anyone go the the new Falcon dealer and American Bait works super store? This is owned by a fellow Canadian and grand opening was this month.

2. Member
    I’ve actually been inside two times. Met the owners the night before the grand opening, nice people. I know Brian and he took us on the grand tour. Super nice. They didn’t cheap out.
    Boat and tackle side were well stocked and it’s big enough to not be crammed feeling.

Lots of parking outside. All pumps have all grades of gas and diesel, rare for Chobee.
    It’s a great addition to Okeechobee. I’m sure they will do ok.

3. Member
    Stopped in last weekend, Bait prices are pretty good as well. JT Kenney is involved with it. Rumer is they tried to buy Okeechobee Headquarters and they said no. Now they are competing.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

4. Member
    Nice shop but I kind of feel like I am cheating on Fast Break down the street. It’s good for the anglers looking for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by L&B200M View Post
    Nice shop but I kind of feel like I am cheating on Fast Break down the street. It’s good for the anglers looking for gear.
    I'm from Indiana but fish Florida every winter and always make a point to get to Fast Break. The new store sounds very nice.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

6. Member
    I’m looking for a GOOD electronics installer in that area… do they do install service? Looks like a very nice place… lots of room for boat parking and fuel.

7. Member
    I was disappointed. Took my boat in for a 200 hour check and was told 450.00 cost. Lakeshore marine was over 100.00 less for the same service. When I asked why such a high cost I was told "the oil is very expensive" Was also told that the water pump impeller needed changing every 100 hours. Merc says every 300. The tackle shop is fantastic though!
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

8. Member
    In Florida I get my impeller changed every 100hrs as well with all the sand and shallow running. If I was on a deep clear lake I would probably go the 300hr route as well.

9. Member
    Wow 300 hours for impeller, no way change it once a year, minimum . I had had them go bad after 5 months, but I do fish 3 to 4 days a week. The bait shop has very good selection of baits, more plastics than you can imagine. The owner was super nice talked for several minutes.