Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Yeah I retired in 2005 and I’m not claiming disability. Express scripts seems fine for some things but occasionally we need something asap and get the run around. It use to be so much easier. For years my doctor’s office was co-located with our pharmacy. Is what it is. Tricare is cheap but very limited services where I live.
    Are you saying you did not file a VA claim?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

By the way, just got an email from Humana and it said Kroger pharmacies are no longer in the network.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Are you saying you did not file a VA claim?
    Nope, no VA claim.

If you don't mind me asking (please feel free to tell me to mind my own business), but why not? It's not about "claiming disability," it's about recognizing that the injuries and issues you suffered while on AD will most likely affect your long-term health and/or employability. This is not an entitlement, it's an earned benefit. Not to mention that should you die as a result of a service-connected condition, it could result in your spouse being able to draw Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC). Then there's the whole health care benefit giving you additional options. There's also federal and state tax benefits and local VA state benefits that you earned the hard way. Finally, the VA receives funding based on the amount of VETs that are registered. Even if you never step foot inside the VA, you are effectively taking money out of their budget that could have been used for someone else.

The longer you go without filing for benefits, the harder it will be to prove service-connection. I've dealt with many VETs whose families have been negatively affected simply because they chose to never file a claim and then life hits them with something that could have eased the suffering and worry of their family had they just taken the time to get registered. Everything from financial income-streams, to tax-relief, to caregiver support, to death and burial benefits.
    2016 Nitro Z21

5. Member
    I didn't have any service-connected condition's when I retired. Still don't. I don't think aging is a service connected condition.

Fair enough. I hope none of the presumptive illnesses and diseases ever present themselves. If you decide you want to file, and need advice or assistance, please feel free to reach out. I work for USSOCOM and not for a VSO, however I have been through the training and work with Soldiers everyday as they transition.
    2016 Nitro Z21

7. Member
    Fair enough. I hope none of the presumptive illnesses and diseases ever present themselves. If you decide you want to file, and need advice or assistance, please feel free to reach out. I work for USSOCOM and not for a VSO, however I have been through the training and work with Soldiers everyday as they transition.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Yeah I retired in 2005 and I’m not claiming disability. Express scripts seems fine for some things but occasionally we need something asap and get the run around. It use to be so much easier. For years my doctor’s office was co-located with our pharmacy. Is what it is. Tricare is cheap but very limited services where I live.
    Ship. you can get scripts fill by going to a VA medical Center near you. I get mine mailed to me. I use the VA doctors in Shreveport.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

9. Member
    Appreciate the offer. I'm upset about Tricare getting hard to use where I live. I am not in any way upset that I am not on disability. I'm glad it is there for the people that need it. Tricare is getting hard to use down here for active duty as well which just isn't right.
    Last edited by Ship; 01-20-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12