60 HP EFI dumping fuel from Vapor Separator

Hey all,
    I have a two parter for y’all. Ive been having issues with my 02 60 hp efi bigfoot. It has been running really rough at idle and choking out in gear/upon any acceleration. Whenever I can get it to throttle up, it runs smooth for a couple seconds and then slowly dies out.

Compression is good in all 4 cylinders. I have replaced the spark plugs, high pressure fuel filter, and fuel line from the tank to the motor and the primer ball. i’ve pulled every injector 1 by 1 and they are all spraying.

After that was replaced, it has smoothed out just a-little bit but still won’t stay running and is still rough. any ideas?

Second part is this. There is a line going from out of the vapor separator/fuel pump that leads to a hole in the side of the plastic housing. it seems like some sort of drain hose. Well the other day it started dumping fuel out of that hose when it was running, when i’d pump the primer ball, or when you first turn the key on and the fuel pump runs for a couple seconds. I have looked at the manual and nothing states what that hose is. i circled it on the diagram below.

Any Suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Float/Needle problem in VST. Will need to be disassembled, cleaned and serviced properly.

Welcome to BBC! Please do your best to remember to provide your Engine Serial Number to assist us in providing you accurate info.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you! The serial number is 0t550455. Do you think that could be the cause of the rough running too? or just the leak? After work one day this week I will get that pulled off and apart to look at it and such.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Very possible- and it's always best to address the OBVIOUS problem FIRST.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks a lot!