Thread: 9/24 report

9/24 report

Been fighting a head cold this week but still got out to a small lake (greenfield Iowa lake) very foggy drive but made it safe. I was a little nervous going there because last time I was there (May/June) it sucked bad…. started probably 6:30am I had a few fish nip the top water bluegills maybe. Then tried sq-bill,bladed jig,reg jig,3.3 swim bait,frog,jerkbait,Ned rig, wacky worm. Nothing was working! Crazy hard! One of the guy walking the trail around the lake said his buddy saw 3 otters on the dam? I don’t know if that was true but otter’s will eat every fish before they leave. I’m thinking the guy probably saw muskrats?? I could see lots of pan fish on active target so there is still lots of those in there. About 10am I pulled the boat out and headed to meadow lake. I had more time today as my girls are seeing my sister in Des moine today. First cast on a rod reef at meadow I caught a bass, with in 15min probably had 5 small bass. Definitely lots better fish there today. Caught bass on a jig, and Berkley j-walker those were all I used and did we’ll biggest was 3.30lb. I was happy I made the move. Got home 2:30. Lucky I made it home I think I’ve got a cv shaft or wheel bearing going out of my truck going to have to have that fixed next week $$$ yikes
    FC6432A9-0420-44A9-9873-0CBBD81D8F63.jpeg

2. Member
    Anybody have any luck in the tournament’s at Anita,Viking,12-mile,green valley that was this weekend?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Anybody have any luck in the tournament’s at Anita,Viking,12-mile,green valley that was this weekend?
    Anita fished tough today winning weight was 9.56, 2nd only had 3 fish for 5.97. Everybody else only had one fish or blanked. Water temps were down to 64 degrees. I threw just about everything I had with me and only got 2 bites and missed them both.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    I think Anita has been really hard this year…..the pads are hard to fish but I’m convinced that’s were all the 5lb live. I have spent hours fishing the edges but there’s still 40ft-60ft that I can’t get too. Wish I had a little Remote controlled Submarine that I could drive under them and see Lol.

5. Member
    Wow ! !

Tough fishing lately forsure!

6. Member
    Anyone know how 12-mile and the green valley tournaments went?