Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canada to drop vaccination requirement for travelers?

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Glad I went last week...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Good deal, I really want to take an Alaskan cruise with some stops in Canada.

4. Member
    If you’re going to take the Alaska cruise don’t go to Vancouver. The airport there is terrible. The have 4 people working in security on a Sunday. We were there 2 weeks ago.

5. Member
    Finally. If only we would remove that BS for those wanting to come here.

6. Member
    i hope it switches mutually. Ive got a buddy thats part of our fishing group that never got the shot and we want to fish down there next spring.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    If you’re going to take the Alaska cruise don’t go to Vancouver. The airport there is terrible. The have 4 people working in security on a Sunday. We were there 2 weeks ago.
    Honestly all the major airports in Canada are a nightmare for the time being, none worst than Toronto atm. Just not enough personnel after the travel industry's decimation the last couple years.

8. Member
    Can I say, the people running this show, are fools....

9. Member
    About time. All I got to say.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The last two times I've crossed the border (Monday and a few weeks prior) I saw no evidence that they bothered to see if I'd filled out the ArrivCanada app.

good for them

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Son crossed into Vancouver on the 10th. Back stateside for a week then across to Toronto yesterday and will be in Montreal tonight... I'll have to ask him if he's been checked regarding his vax status.
    Who controls John Gill?

13. Member
    I was up twice this year, I had no issues crossing the boarder or using their APP. It was great to get back up there and enjoy the awesome fishing.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    I was up twice this year, I had no issues crossing the boarder or using their APP. It was great to get back up there and enjoy the awesome fishing.
    Same here. Absolutely love fishing in Ontario. I catch more fish there the last two weeks in June than I would catch in five years here in PA. I'm actually heading back up there in two weeks. It will be my first autumn outing in Canada ever. I hope those smallies are munching!
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    same with our trip in May and due to the flooding the smallmouth fishing was outstanding
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

16. Member
    About 2 months too late. My daughter made the USA women's national U-20 rugby team, they traveled to Canada to play in July. She had to get the shots or not go. She decided to get the shots. Shes studying to go into health care and would probably been required to get the shots to work in hospital settings. I hope it doesn't come back to bite her down the road.

So, all you guys that were vaxed had no problems? Good to know.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    Same here. Absolutely love fishing in Ontario. I catch more fish there the last two weeks in June than I would catch in five years here in PA. I'm actually heading back up there in two weeks. It will be my first autumn outing in Canada ever. I hope those smallies are munching!
    They should be! Fall is my favorite time for St. Lawrence smallies, it's madness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    The last two times I've crossed the border (Monday and a few weeks prior) I saw no evidence that they bothered to see if I'd filled out the ArrivCanada app.
    As far as I know, when they scan your passport, they know if you filled it out or not, they do not need to scan the Arrivecan QR code to verify (This is why you enter your passport number in the app). If you don't fill it out, you're flagged the second they scan your passport in to the system and it's a MASSIVE fine. Typically at land crossings, they'll have you pull in to a section of the parking lot that has wifi and tell you not to leave your vehicle and go fill it out there.

I'm very surprised that Canada will drop the vax and ArriveCan app requirement. It may speed up the process of crossing, but I had no problem crossing 5 times so far this summer. It did take me 50 minutes to cross in July. But, that was because of other people being held for a long time at the booth ahead of me. I swear that day that Canadian Customs was pulling over every third vehicle crossing into Canada.

From what CTV News reported this summer, the horrific delays at the Toronto airport was due to a lack of personnel throughout the airlines and airport, not just with immigration personnel. Some people slept in the airport for days because of cancelled flights.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast