Active Target transducer position in Scout Mode ????

Did some searches but never found the answer I'm looking for. I every video I've seen on positioning for scout mode, the transducer mount is shown to be rotated from the right side of the shaft to the top and the transducer then leveled horizontally with the temp sensor on top and the cable on the right side of the shaft. All of the literature from Lowrance, both in the box and online, show the temp sensor on bottom with the cable on the left side of the shaft when positioned in scout mode. Which is correct? If the mounting position for forward and down must have the cable to the bottom rear then would not the position in scout be just as important?

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JYoung022 View Post
    Did some searches but never found the answer I'm looking for. I every video I've seen on positioning for scout mode, the transducer mount is shown to be rotated from the right side of the shaft to the top and the transducer then leveled horizontally with the temp sensor on top and the cable on the right side of the shaft. All of the literature from Lowrance, both in the box and online, show the temp sensor on bottom with the cable on the left side of the shaft when positioned in scout mode. Which is correct? If the mounting position for forward and down must have the cable to the bottom rear then would not the position in scout be just as important?
    if I understand what you are saying, what you describe is dependent on if the Trolling Motor is set to Prop In or Prop Out. The best direction is Prop In, especially on a Ghost Then the AT is set accordingly.

Agree with Basshopper, I'm thinking its a prop in vs prop out deal... I'm prop in (Fortrex) and have temp sensor facing up/cable near shaft when stowed - so when flipping to in scout mode I flip the 'ducer "up/to the sky" like most Lowrance and YT install videos show. But it can be confusing, ie see these photo's from FishObsessed website of their mount in scout mode, which is opposite, ie they are flipping the ducer "down/to the water" and apparently would stow the config in that image prop out. I actually like their setup as you can keep the ducer lower in the water so able to run the TM shallower, but I can't install prop out or it would hit the upper Head Unit in my dual stack bow mount when stowing. But it confused me a bit when I was installing it lol...

4. Member
    so does the FO orientation give better pics in scout vs the Lowrance version? I am having some return images that do not change with movement, first I thought it was seeing the bottom directly under me, but they don't change shape regardless of turning etc.

I think what are describing are overlap signal from the transducers mine has it as well
    I am setup the same way as 785taff
    Thank You Leon Pugh