Thread: Big O level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    This was helpful

Very reliable source, He guides there almost daily��

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    There are a lot of very shallow areas even at 14'.

The best thing they can do is simply STOP SPRAYING. The problems with the lake started when the over spraying started.

The lake was kept at 10 to 12 a long while (years) when they were working on the dike not all that long ago.
    You cannot bring it back by just the stoppage of spraying, with the water this dirty you will not have light penetration. It really started with the last hurricane and high water, with high water the waves just rip the grass from the bottom and then its gone forever.
    It's a lake not a reservoir and needs to treated as such. Too many people like the high water so it's easy to navigate but that's not going to work long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    You cannot bring it back by just the stoppage of spraying, with the water this dirty you will not have light penetration. It really started with the last hurricane and high water, with high water the waves just rip the grass from the bottom and then its gone forever.
    It's a lake not a reservoir and needs to treated as such. Too many people like the high water so it's easy to navigate but that's not going to work long term.
    NO but it would be a good start!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    I was told not to worry unless water got below 12. Guess I have been really lucky for the last year (when I moved here) because I been running all over the place! Better re-think this.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

Thanks but when I started this thread it was at 12.8 and heading down and before Ian

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12