Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    idbefishing

Anyone lives near a big sewage lift station?

So the big construction project going on across the street from my house is a big lift station. They have been hammering steel piling and driving me crazy with the noise.
    Anyway, once operational, is it going to stink? should I be thinking about moving?

2. Member
    You’ll never know it’s there. No worries.

3. Member
    It's amazing what you can get used to in time.

4. idbefishing
    Each subdivision has its own small lift station and this big one is supposed to replace at least 3 of those. I know it does stink when you walk near these smaller ones. Just not sure how this big one will be.

5. Member
    Moving, it's too late for that

6. Banned
    Great, before You know it THEY™ will make it a Stool Bus stop.. The prevailing wind blows which way in Your ecological niche?

images-1.jpg

And when the 'shite hits the fan' (pun intended) THEY™ will place the blame on the Stool Teachers like always... "Par for the course" 'short putt'...

Think the 'short' Stool bus smells better/worse?

I was the KO for Engineering, and the plumbing shop brings in a emergency Requisition for a "Muffin Monster" and were all hyped up.......I looked at it, and called my purchasing agent over for a good laugh......asked him if they thought we were that stupid..... well come to find out, there is a product named "Muffin Monster" its a grinder for a lift station to grind the sewage before the lift pump! Kinda funny, then they took me out show me it.

https://www.jwce.com/ad/muffin-monst...MaApmtEALw_wcB

8. Member
    I used to work for a local municipality and when I had to go to the lift stations they absolutely smelled now if your going to smell it I don’t know but if your close and the wind is coming your direction I would assume you would.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Our neighborhood has one in the back of the neighborhood. They initially didn't build houses by it but they eventually did about 5 yers ago. On occasion you can smell it but I don't hear many complaints from the neighbors that live right by it. Personally, I wouldn't buy a house near it but the houses that are by it also sold for less money and they sold without any major issues. I would definitely say it'll hurt your resale value.

A lot of the smell will depend on the design and if the owner maintains it properly. Local governments tend to build and forget these things and that can lead to all kinds of issues, smell included. We've had one in our town that was stinking up a good portion of a very large neighborhood due to the design allowing sewerage to sit too long before being pumped downstream. It was so bad, the council member who lived in this subdivision was not re-elected.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

But the bright side is I doubt your neighbor parks their daycare van in front if your house.

12. Member
    ^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    So the big construction project going on across the street from my house is a big lift station. They have been hammering steel piling and driving me crazy with the noise.
    Anyway, once operational, is it going to stink? should I be thinking about moving?
    My house in CA was backed up near one...you'll never know it's there until they do their back flush. Which I think was quarterly. Then you'll only smell it if the wind was coming your direction.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

14. Scraps
    Sounds like there are too many people around there full of sh!t.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    Just breathe through your mouth.. problem solved. LOL

16. Member
    We have one down the road....you know it's there when you drive past it.

17. Member
    They are building the new one right next to the old one, which is right behind my neighborhood. My house is about 500 yards from it. I don't smell anything. The only thing that bothers me is the machinery banging rocks starting at 6am everyday.

Just like a Dairy farm....... it just becomes part of life.........

19. #FRB
    Years ago they built one in the woods that separates my neighborhood from the city limits. Took away a chunk of hunting ground that my uncle and a couple other family members hunted. Every piece of land in this neighborhood has a septic tank! The station is for the rich subdivision across the main road. From what I understand from the banter going on when we were fighting it is they didn't want to smell it but didn't see a problem making us in this somewhat redneck neighborhood smell their shit. Every once in a while I can smell it here 1/4 of a mile due east of me. It is really well hidden in the woods so that's a plus I guess?

And don't get me started on them wanting to relocate the people in a VERY old neighborhood about 6 miles from me because they don't like driving past the older somewhat rundown houses. It's always the ones that haven't been somewhere very long that are always trying to change things for no good reason other than to flaunt their clout.
    Last edited by Highcentered; 09-15-2022 at 06:22 PM.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

20. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Great, before You know it THEY™ will make it a Stool Bus stop.. The prevailing wind blows which way in Your ecological niche?

images-1.jpg

And when the 'shite hits the fan' (pun intended) THEY™ will place the blame on the Stool Teachers like always... "Par for the course" 'short putt'...

Think the 'short' Stool bus smells better/worse?
    Shit! Pun intended. The prevailing wind is from the west which blows directly into the back of my house. A couple months ago before the project started there would be a bidding war for my house if it was for sale. Now I might need to beg people to buy it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast