Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've Texas rigged the 2.5" class tubes a lot in a past life. Usually a 2/0 EWG with a 1/8 oz slip sinker. That works well.

Stupid rigging would work if you could find a jig that fits those small tubes...maybe easier said than done. No matter what tube you're rigging stupid style, one thing to keep in mind with that technique is that you really need to think of it like a flipping jig when it comes time to set the hook. You have to hit them like you mean it, else you're going to end up frustrated. Casting gear or bust for me when throwing a stupid tube for that reason.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Getbitbaits
    This

3. Member
    Appreciate the feedback to my question guys
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Hey Mainelysmallmouth.....For me I use the 60 and 90 degree for different bottom structure. Big boulders to rip rap, weeds, etc. It also factors in wind and how much line I have out. If you are dragging tubes you may have a bit of line out so depending on conditions prefer one over the other. I carry all of the options 60,90,stupid. For your conditions try both 60/90 for your lakes. Although I do not think the stupid tube in my experience gets the hooks in enough and I have lost fish so I do not use them often only certain situations. There are days you will lost lotsa tube jigs and others you just a pop pop and your free.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

A bit of an update since the thread got bumped up! I tried the MaxScent 2.5" tubes one day this (late) fall on Chequamegon Bay. That's a place where a lot of the time it HAS to be under 3" for whatever reason. They're a little smaller than the X Zone and Howie's tubes I usually use and the durability isn't quite up with those, but they absolutely get bit. I was honestly close to 2:1 bites on the MaxScent vs the others the day I really put them to use which blew my mind. Interestingly, the average size was smaller too. To be fair, we may have caught 7 or 8 under 3 lbs in a 60 fish day for two guys, so it's all relative...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

6. Member
    I use to use cabin creeks or bass pro shops tender tubes to catch smallmouth before I started making my own.

7. Member
    I still use BPS tender tubes. Works for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123