Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Hayward Area Musky Info Request

A friend and I are heading up to Hayward next month to musky fish and I would like to ask you guys for some recommendations on lakes to fish. Lakes, not spots.

I’ve fished Chippewa Flowage before but had limited time so just didn’t get anything figured out due to its size. I’d like to hit some smaller bodies of water to maybe get something figured out.

Any and all tips are appreciated, thanks

2. Member
    Lac Courte Orielles has a very strong musky population, lots of 36-40” fish. If you want to drive a bit, bone lake by balsam lake has an incredible population of Muskies as well right now.

3. Member
    Lost Land Lake and Teal Lake are good or musky also good for musky. The are connected and close to Hayward.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Thanks guys I really appreciate the tips!

Anny and all help is welcome

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the tips!

Anny and all help is welcome
    Welcome. Good luck!
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

Remember your figure 8s.

7. Member
    Round lake has some big ones in it, see them all the time roaming in the spring when I'm up smallie fishing. Yellow lake in Burnett County has a good population also.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

8. Member
    Try Sand Lake intersection of 27 and 70 the launch is on the E side of the lake on F about 950 acres a good #'s lake. Try Pine Ridge for the best Northwoods fish fry Friday or Sunday expect a wait

9. Member
    Grindstone is where the Linders learned to fish.
    Please release me,let me go.

10. Member
    Yes I've had a conversation w Al Linder about that. I have fished Grindstone since my "sonar" was a rope, bleach bottle and a brick. It remains a tremendous SM #'s lake w Big Round a better overall SM size lake. Throw LCO is the mix especially when the wind is howling both for a strong SM population and due to it's more irregular shape and places to tuck in. I'm not a musky guy but the OP was looking for a smaller body of water it's one that I've fished w some success and the fall musky tournament has had a winner or two caught there. Speaking of that tournament 9/29-10/02 swing by Anglers Haven on LCO perhaps the finest bar/restaurant in the area have a cold one and sing "It's Musky Tourney Time" with the gang. The words are easy - the title sung 3 or 4 times and ended with a cheer and a hearty swig of libation of your choice. One last thing avoid Stone Lake on on Wi.70 on Saturday 10/01 Cranberry Fest typically attracts 30,000 to a town of about 600 residents.

11. Member
    Is Angler’s Haven the same as Trails End? Or are those different places?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Is Angler’s Haven the same as Trails End? Or are those different places?
    Different places.

13. Member
    I would look at Moose Lk. and Sand Lk. Both have large numbers of muskies.

Thanks for all the tips guys we’re heading up next Tuesday and are super excited for the trip.

If we do any good I’ll post pics

Well guys thanks for the tips but we got musky skunked.

My buddy had the “mystique” bug about the Big Chip so we fished it three days. I was fortunate enough to catch a decent little 30” pike so not a totally skunked trip. He’s fired up to head back next fall so maybe we’ll see about fishing your recommendations.

16. Member
    Hopefully you at least had some of the good weather we had been having and a fun time. Musky are a real &$*#. I’m not kidding it took me 6 seasons to catch my first one. In that time I saw my dad boat probably 15-20 while I fished with him.

Actually the weather wasn’t bad, but sure wasn’t great. When we put on the lake it was in the mid 30’s and by mid morning the wind was blowing 20+ so we were searching out sheltered bays. By noon and out of the wind the mid 40’s were fine.

Yes they are a bit of a PIA

18. Member
    Oof yeah that’s chilly. It had been decent weather too. But up there is not the same as here. They really are. I still have all my gear and fish them from time to time.

19. Member
    Let me know next time you're up, I've got a couple of buddies in the Hayward area that are Musky gurus and could point you in the right direction. I know one of them has caught over 100 musky so far this year.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

Bumping this thread up.

We're headed back to the Hayward area for the Treeland Musky Fly Tournament.

Any smaller lake, NOT SPOTS, would be appreciated. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast