Thread: DOWCO on a CX19

DOWCO on a CX19

Boat is great. The cover that came with the boat DOWCO cover will not hook on the passenger side.
    The cover is very tight on the trolling motor. Tight to the point it bends the skeg.
    I struggle to get it hooked (pulling with both hands). The ratchets trap is not long enough. When I do hook it one ratchet click and its very tight. The ratchet will not fold to close the zipper.
    Has any one faced this and how was it resolved.
    I sent the cover back with pictures and marking where the troubles were. DOWCO did rely engineering was working on it? DOWCO seems to just of sent it back as it was.???? Part of the boat package and it’s not fitting………….. Any advice.

2. Member
    Talk to your dealer is always the best advice anyone can get you, i have seen this several times over the years and we just had to jump in there as a dealer and get it fixed for our customers, nine times out of ten the manufactory ended up taken care of the charge, if they wouldn't we did.

3. Member
    Do you have an Ultrex or Ghost? Have you tried sliding the TM up some? I had a similar issue with the Ultrex on my Ranger. I always had to slide the TM up a few inches to free up some space for the cover to fit better.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Garmin force

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I've often wondered what problems folks might be having with the 360 poles or the extra poles for live or active target. Heck just active target mounted on my ghost causes problems with my cover. When I tighten it down the active target gets moved. So having to readjust after every trip if I cover it.

6. Member
    Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so what was done?
    I just purchased a new 2022 CX19 and am having the same issue.
    TIA

7. Member
    Yes I call and explained to the dealer. I took my boat and cover that was sent with the CX19 back to the dealer it fit perfect on a CX18. He dealt with CAYMAS and they sent me a cover that fits. It’s tight on my trolling motor blade and skeg. But it fits.