Schroon Lake reports?

Thinking of taking a day trip up to Schroon with with wife and daughter next week and curious how the fishing is going? I would look for bass but always fun for crappy (not sure if in there) and perch with my daughter. This would be mid week so hoping less boat traffic.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

2. Member
    Lots of better lakes to fish than Schroon in my opinion. Havent been out there yet this year, prolly wait till fall when they are bit more predictable. Sorry I cant help much, I know on lakes in the area the smallmouth were still active deep, and water temps were upper 70's but a cold front the next few days may change that. Lots of perch, never caught a crappie in Schroon.

3. Member
    Well, sort of thinking Schroon because my wife and I used to go there a long time ago before kids. It will be as much of a boat ride as it is a fishing trip so perch might be the way to go. Have you ever done anything on the Champlain canal as thinking that might be interesting also and looks like places where the creeks flow in might be good places to target smallies.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks