Thread: Maybe a tip?

Maybe a tip?

So thinks worked out that I could fish Sunday (21st) after church, got on binder 2pm. I could not get any bites doing my normal summer baits. I saw some fish on activity target but they didn’t want anything I was throwing…..So I decided to try a rattle trap, nothing doing with that either until I through it right on the edge of the pad’s. I got a nice little 14” bass through back again and another bass…. Hmm I then moved to another spot and 2 more little bass, moved again and same result:-) I did that the rest of the afternoon and had a good time. I’m not sure that will work for anyone else at other lake but might be worth a shot.

2. Member
    Thanks for the tip. A lipless crank is a bait that I use quite a bit in the pre-spawn but tend to completely forget about after that. I know my fishing partner and I had some good luck with them several years ago during the summer fishing them around and through some shallow reeds and pad stems, so it's definitely a bait that I should fish more during the warmer months but for some reason I just tend to use other stuff. Glad it worked well for you.

3. Member
    I’ll plan to have it on the deck of my boat this weekend when I fish. It will be interesting if it gets a few more bites. I’m probably fishing some different water so we’ll see what happens.