Thread: 8-20 report

8-20 report

Made it out 6:30am on the water with my dad. I new he was coming so I have been trying to think of a good lake to try. I figure this small lake I’ve had some good luck at this year (nodaway by greenfield) might be good. Well we had just got some good rain Friday night and that must have really mucked up the water because there was only 6” of visibility. I noticed right away there was no fish breaking on the surface, not normal for this lake, anyway ran the banks with a buzzbait/spook , nothing going there. Tired a spinner bait & chatter bait & sq bill, nothing…. Tried a jig in the brush piles nothing……. I’m seeing lots of fish on my active target but they are not interested in biting!! I finally got a small bass on a shallow rock point with a jig & and 1 small bass off a brush pile with a sq bill…. Really had fun with my dad but sure wish we could have had better luck Lol. He has hunted and fished a lot over the years so he knows that’s how it goes sometimes.

2. Member
    Better then my tournament today 14 guys fishing for 8 hours and only three bass caught.
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Better then my tournament today 14 guys fishing for 8 hours and only three bass caught.
    Holy crap that’s bad!! Was it at a lake in Nebraska?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Holy crap that’s bad!! Was it at a lake in Nebraska?
    Lake Wanaho. I will never go there again. Guys in my club didn't want to drive far so let's go fishing where there are no fish.
    John the Garage Doorman

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    wow, how was wildwood John?
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    wow, how was wildwood John?
    We cancelled wildwood because of the fish kill there. It wasnt my call to go to Wannaho I tried talking them Into going back to Viking or Paraire Rose.
    John the Garage Doorman