Vessel View Mobile App Fault

I had a fault on my motor and VVM says "invalid software version and please check your internet and try again" What does this mean and is "invalid software version" the actual fault my engine is having? IMG_2867 (1).PNG

2. Banned
    Might try deleting the app and installing latest version.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Probably just a mismatch due to no internet connection and key position at a particular time/point.

Follow the suggestions and see if it doesn't resolve.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Probably just a mismatch due to no internet connection and key position at a particular time/point.

Follow the suggestions and see if it doesn't resolve.
    I tried to reinstall the app and its still causing the same issue. I read in another forum post that it could be that the outboard is set to port side not the needed setting of Starboard. Any thoughts?

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post11711374

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Where did you obtain your Vesselview Mobile from?

Has it EVER worked properly?

What is your engine's Serial Number?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Where did you obtain your Vesselview Mobile from?

Has it EVER worked properly?

What is your engine's Serial Number?
    The VVM was purchase at my dealer which is now 800 miles away.

Ive never had an alarm before that incident so I'm not sure. Everything else on VVM works just when there's an alarm it doesn't show the actual fault.

s/n: 2b110063

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Set up a preferred dealer in the website portion of the app, and they should be able to see the fault that has occurred. If it's a numeric fault, it will have to be looked up.

8. Member
    Set up a preferred dealer in the website portion of the app, and they should be able to see the fault that has occurred. If it's a numeric fault, it will have to be looked up.
    How about if I want to see the fault? I’ve seen other people VVM show faults but mine doesn’t. It’ll always show the screen shot I posted above.

9. Member
    When I received an alarm and the vessel view mobile stated on the fault code as “invalid software version, please key off and on engines” I took the boat into an authorized dealer and the tech states the alarm was an overheat alarm. Should the vessel view mobile have shown the fault to be an over heat? Does VVM not show the actual fault thats occurring?

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It should have shown the fault. That being said- VVM software is updating regularly, so much so that we've started updating them as a courtesy if we are performing diagnostic work or have the G3 Diagnostic System on it.

11. Member
    It should have shown the fault. That being said- VVM software is updating regularly, so much so that we've started updating them as a courtesy if we are performing diagnostic work or have the G3 Diagnostic System on it.
    the VVM software can only be updated via mercury diagnostic tool?

12. Member
    Hey Don, what is the latest version of the software? Thank you!
    2013 Stratos 189vlo
    2013 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS 1B964117

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd have to check on the next one I update (it's automatic on our side).

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ661 View Post
    Hey Don, what is the latest version of the software? Thank you!
    I forgot to ask if the software/firmware can be updated by the user or if a trip to the dealer is required. Thanks!
    2013 Stratos 189vlo
    2013 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS 1B964117

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    VVM requires dealer update.