Thread: Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd

Who has ordered a new truck and how long of a wait. I ordered Chevy 2500 in Feb. 2022 , it was built mid April and has been on a lot in Oshawa ON. ever since. The dealer has no updates since May 18. Pending shipping is all I get.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunkerhead View Post
    Who has ordered a new truck and how long of a wait. I ordered Chevy 2500 in Feb. 2022 , it was built mid April and has been on a lot in Oshawa ON. ever since. The dealer has no updates since May 18. Pending shipping is all I get.
    Love to know some answers to this also, i sure do miss my 2500 Duramax, i am probably going to wait and order a 23 model.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    There is a youtube Channel called "Farmer Joe" and the guy just went through a similar situation with a new 2500 Silverado. He actually found out his was destroyed and had to re order.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

4. Member
    I order a GMC 3500 on July 12, 2021 and finally received it in June 26, 2022. Almost took a whole year to get it.

5. Member
    Only 1 way to find out.

Cancel your order, then truck will be delivered the following week.

There are holding lots full of them here in michigan
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

7. Member
    I work for a Chevrolet dealership and ordered one June 1 2021. It is scheduled to be delivered Thursday. Sold my other Duramax 3 weeks ago to my shop foreman.

8. Member
    Cousin and a good friend of mine ordered new GMC's off the VIN # of my 2021 2500 with a Duramax and it took one 6 months and the other was 5 months. Both white crew cab short beds with the X31 package and Duramax. Theirs didn't arrive with several microchips for various things like lane change alert, heated seats, mirror signals, etc but the dealer said they're being told 4 more months to get the rest of the microchips for the ones not working. Went to order my wife a new Yukon for work 3 weeks ago and was told at least 6 months to get one so she went with a Limited 4Runner instead. It took 16 days.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    There are holding lots full of them here in michigan
    we've been hearing this since late 2020, thousands of 20's & 21's parked in huge lots waiting on chips.
    where are they? will they be cheap when the chips show up? we are headed into the 23 year model.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Kind of interesting. You buy a 2021 and it doesn't get delivered until 2022 for instance. Now, trucks are at a premium this year but maybe not forever. Essentially you are getting a vehicle that is a model year old, so you lose money.

11. Member
    The truck I order in June of 2021 is a 2022. Probably should have held off another year as the new shifter and dash layout in the 1500’s will be in the 2500’s

12. Member
    I was at my lawn mower shop , having minds work on . Was talking to a guy that pull up in a newer GMC 2500 . He said he had to wait a while as for the chip' thing . He said he got his a tad faster as his brother worked at the dealer .
    I think his truck , was one of the first with the chip thing .
    He was telling me he had to re do has contracts . On some of his biggest jobs ....SpeedWay Gas station and Wake County Schools .
    As the truck wasn't shipped on time .
    He didn't want to comet to the old contract with out the truck .

13. Member
    #12Today, 06:30 AM
    “I was at my lawn mower shop , having minds work on”

rchavis, I know times are tough, but:
    -Going to the lawnmower shop to get your mind worked on?
    -When you have minds, probably best to split your issues between the lawnmower shop and the appliance repair shop

My son ordered his early May and got it 2nd week of August
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastover519 View Post
    Cousin and a good friend of mine ordered new GMC's off the VIN # of my 2021 2500 with a Duramax and it took one 6 months and the other was 5 months. Both white crew cab short beds with the X31 package and Duramax. Theirs didn't arrive with several microchips for various things like lane change alert, heated seats, mirror signals, etc but the dealer said they're being told 4 more months to get the rest of the microchips for the ones not working. Went to order my wife a new Yukon for work 3 weeks ago and was told at least 6 months to get one so she went with a Limited 4Runner instead. It took 16 days.
    Your wife got a much better vehicle. Not as fancy, but definitely a more reliable ride...