Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    good deal ,wouldn't do that the 24 TEMPEST seem to be a lack luster prop 23 is much better performer , not to mention your almost too low on rpm anyway , would look for performance gains in set up first
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    It looks like they focus on automotive parts. I can’t find the merc outboard info on their website. I spoke with Simon Performance Tech yesterday and they sound good so far. But it takes 3 to 5 weeks.

i Heard there may be an after market replacement ECU available? Has anyone heard or know of this?
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have the OEM ECU repaired. It's program is well-suited to your engine, and once the loose drivers are rectified, it provides a very durable level of performance.

I've had a number of them repaired by that facility with very good results.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I finally found a used one for 400 and it is working great now , even more mph's went from 60 to 66 and at 5800 rpm's ,

Quote Originally Posted by lifetime1962 View Post
    I finally found a used one for 400 and it is working great now , even more mph's went from 60 to 66 and at 5800 rpm's ,
    Excellent news.....
    For future reference Tony Brucato at Brucato Power does testing on Merc ECU's and it's not that expensive either.
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

6. Member
    I sent my ECU to Brucato Power to have it tested. It was generally a simple process and they kept me up to date during testing. Mine passed all tests and ended up being something else. I found another good source here in California (Simon Tech Performance) but they had 3 to 5 week backlog.

Brucato can test your ECU and sell you an after market replacement if needed. It looks like this unit can help help with motor efficiency and performance as well.
    Simon can test your ECU and repair it if needed

I suggest you call both before making a decision.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kmelford View Post
    I sent my ECU to Brucato Power to have it tested. It was generally a simple process and they kept me up to date during testing. Mine passed all tests and ended up being something else. I found another good source here in California (Simon Tech Performance) but they had 3 to 5 week backlog.

Brucato can test your ECU and sell you an after market replacement if needed. It looks like this unit can help help with motor efficiency and performance as well.
    Simon can test your ECU and repair it if needed

I suggest you call both before making a decision.
    I personally would suggest looking to the BBC Sponsor FIRST. One of these is not a sponsor here.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Don - does European Marine test and repair ECU’s? I wasn’t aware of that at the time. That would have been a good option. Thx!

9. Member
    I think he’s referring to Simon Performance, they are a board sponsor.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    I think he’s referring to Simon Performance, they are a board sponsor.
    Correct.

11. Member
    Thanks for the clarification

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123