Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Lots of gripes listed regarding shopping carts; I have another. Well, it's actually more of a comedic observance...

It's all the idiots who walk right past 20 or more carts in the lot, then stand there bitching because there are no carts available once inside the store.
    I'm always taking one with me. One at the handicapped spot, if there. Gives the older folks more room to navigate.

When people call smallmouth "smallies" and calling largemouth "largies"

Burns me up
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Thought of a few more.

1. People who slow down the self checkout line because they can't work the keypad when it's time to pay.

2. People who talk down to restaurant and service workers over silly stuff.

3. People who have no clue what to do when a fire truck is behind them with lights and sirens on trying to get to a call.

4. Men who walk way ahead of their wife and kids in parking lots or public places.

5. Entitled people.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 08-15-2022 at 03:48 PM.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I'm always taking one with me. One at the handicapped spot, if there. Gives the older folks more room to navigate.

Usually have to sort through 2 or 3 to find one that doesn't need a 'front end alignment', but always grab one on my way in.
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Thought of a few more.

2. People who talk down to restaurant and service workers over silly stuff.

I never realized this until my 15yo son got his first job as a host at a restaurant. The shit people have said to him gets my blood boiling. He has had to call me twice from work because he was so upset over actions and words from so-called adults.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    3. People who have no clue what to do when a desire truck is behind them with lights and sirens on trying to get to a call...

That must be the PC version of what we called 'em back in the day ...

Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I never realized this until my 15yo son got his first job as a host at a restaurant. The shit people have said to him gets my blood boiling. He has had to call me twice from work because he was so upset over actions and words from so-called adults.
    Some people treat wait staff like servants.

8. Member
    And it's REALLY bad nowadays. One of the reasons you won't catch us in a customer forward position for something to do. End result would be hard time.

9. Member
    Biggest for me is common sense. In all aspects of life. I believe you should be aware, and act respectfully, to your surroundings.

Couple of examples.
    Just this past Saturday, I obviously went fishing. It’s about 2:30pm. Fishing sucked, so I called it a day. I’m packing up in a headway speed only area of the lake. Just to be safe. I hear an I/O boat coming. Bow is pointed at the sky. He sees me and just blows by maybe 50’ away throwing a hell of a wake. I stand up with my arms out like what are you doing? He just looks down and goes by me.
    Same day. In an area on the lake maybe 200’ wide. In Maine, that’s headway speed only. There are buoys stating that at both ends. Two people on a jet ski. Again, nose in the air, oblivious to the laws. And the women driving the jet ski did not have the kill switch around her wrist.

I have all the patience in the world. My job requires it. But not for StUpIdItY.

ignorant a-holes who ignore the no cell phones in your hand while driving laws, and won't put them down to turn properly, or their coffee either.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

11. Member
    Among other jobs I once installed Garage doors and openers. Some of the people would treat you like dirt, just because they were paying for your services. Those are probably the same ones that abuse restaurant workers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Most all of the ones already posted!

People who don’t use turn signals…even worse, they brake for their turn and then put their turn signal on at the last second.

People who don’t turn their vehicle lights on when it’s foggy.

People who see you sitting at a stop sign and then turn into the same road without using their turn signal so you could have pulled out and been gone.

People who pull out in front of me and then drive 5-15 mph below the speed limit, especially when they then make a turn less than a mile down the road.

People who pass me on the interstate when I’m on cruise, pull in front of me and then slow down so I have to pass them again.

Don’t even get me started on idiots at the boat ramp.

I do my best to be courteous to others and stay out of their way. So, I expect others reciprocate. When they don’t I often have a had time figuring out if they are just not paying attention and are unaware of their surroundings or whether their attitude is “It’s all about me and I don’t give a rats a$$ about you.”

I’m doing my best to mellow out and not let these things bother me!
    Hit the nail on the head!
    Shayne O'Brien
    2019 Princecraft Resorter 160BT, Mercury 40 HP 4-Stroke
    2023 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo
    2024 Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro 900R Turbo

People who litter from cats and boats and my biggest is People who cruise in the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    People who are always looking to argue with certain people. No matter the subject.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post

Burns me up

Sallies and Larrys?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    Sallies and Larrys?
    Bigmouths and Littlemouths

my biggest pet peeve is when I see something for sale that says "Brand new only 2 years old," or "Brand new only 10 hours." If it is used it isn't brand new... It could be like new, but like new or used isn't brand new.......

18. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    my biggest pet peeve is when I see something for sale that says "Brand new only 2 years old," or "Brand new only 10 hours." If it is used it isn't brand new... It could be like new, but like new or used isn't brand new.......
    One time about 20 years ago my papa was talking about everything that was new on the '81 C-20 he had. All the stuff he mentioned was indeed new...OVER 10 YEARS AGO, lol. But yeah gotta love stuff that's "brand used".
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post

Burns me up
    That's a brutal pet peeve when you are involved in the bass fishing scene lol.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. #FRB
    Really is sad some people are that way. I would imagine that being friendly and appreciative is a recipe for better service. At least that's how I feel. Keep my tea glass full and I'm happy.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast