Ultrex shipping without Heading Sensor and supplementing Micro Remote...

... both items will ship to new owner when they are available from MinnKota.

https://basspro.scene7.com/is/conten...0332736144.pdf

So - what limitations does this put on the Trolling Motor? - info page says the "jog" function will not be available without the heading sensor. Is there anything else that won't work?

thanks - curious.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

2. Member
    If you look at the ipilot manual you can download from minn kota you should be able to check out set up, you should be able to see what you need the ipilot remote for. You won’t need the calibration for the HS till you get it. I don’t think you can do the boat scale without it either. To be sure call Minn Kota and ask. I have had ipilot link so long I can’t remember. Bob
    Note:Don’t forget about the APP you can put on your phone. There may be some things you can do with that as well.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-10-2022 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Note
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    I set the boat scale with the standard remote. Don’t know if you can do it with the phone app or not

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#ff0000
    NoZero;12623954]... both items will ship to new owner when they are available from MinnKota.[/COLOR]

https://basspro.scene7.com/is/conten...0332736144.pdf

So - what limitations does this put on the Trolling Motor? - info page says the "jog" function will not be available without the heading sensor. Is there anything else that won't work?

thanks - curious.
    There is a card you must fill out when you receive your new troll motor. Mail this card in and then they will send you the devices. If you do not send in this card you will not get the device. Please do not call them.

5. Member
    Anyone know approximately how long before they are sending the regular Ipilot remote and Heading Sensor?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    ..Anyone recently buying a new MinnKota Ultrex or Ulterra and waiting on a remote? Only reason for asking is I don't think there is a way to calibrate heading sensor or to adjust boat scale without it. Been two weeks now and never received a reply from them after registering the TM.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Boat scale is the issue you can only adjust that with the big link remote

as for heading sensor calibration that a mute point sense your not getting the sensor until you get the remote

but all the other features like follow and circle can be done on the hummingbird graph

They should really update the phone app so you can at least adjust the scale
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Johnson Control better get on the ball.
    This song and dance is about wore out .
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

9. Member
    Typical supply chain issues. I’m sure if they could get the remotes / parts they’d send them out.
    If you have a friend who has a remote like you need you could borrow it and pair it to your motor and adjust boat scale for your boat. They would then have to pair it back to their motor.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    Johnson Control better get on the ball.
    This song and dance is about wore out .
    When those units were sold there is a notification that was included saying they did not know when they could send out the missing stuff. It was a stop gap to get out trolling motors that could be used by people who agreed to that situation. The song and dance on global chips and other electronic parts is not controlled by HB. HB is not hosing you. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I agree getting the motor without these items is better than not getting a motor at all

Its a good business decision and an attempt to keep the consumer happy
    remember your getting a free micro remote in the long run

BUTT

Knowing that there are settings the user needs but can't access with the micro remote would clearly show a need for an update to the phone app
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    Thanks for the responses. This install was on a new boat and a Heading Sensor was provided. Guessing Phoenix had some in supply. I can live without the regular remote for now but still wondering about the lack of response from MinnKota. If they could update the phone App as mentioned to provide these capabilities would be a way to overcome the supply chain problems.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Thanks for the responses. This install was on a new boat and a Heading Sensor was provided. Guessing Phoenix had some in supply. I can live without the regular remote for now but still wondering about the lack of response from MinnKota. If they could update the phone App as mentioned to provide these capabilities would be a way to overcome the supply chain problems.
    I’m sure there is a BBC member or someone at the dealership that can at least let you use their remote to calibrate the sensor and set the boat scale

I would ask in the Phoenix Forums as to what others are setting the boat scale at for your model so you can set it quickly otherwise you might be barrowing the remote a couple of times
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I’m sure there is a BBC member or someone at the dealership that can at least let you use their remote to calibrate the sensor and set the boat scale

I would ask in the Phoenix Forums as to what others are setting the boat scale at for your model so you can set it quickly otherwise you might be barrowing the remote a couple of times
    Good idea. I'm sure I know someone locally that will have a remote.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    When those units were sold there is a notification that was included saying they did not know when they could send out the missing stuff. It was a stop gap to get out trolling motors that could be used by people who agreed to that situation. The song and dance on global chips and other electronic parts is not controlled by HB. HB is not hosing you. JMO Bob
    Never said they were.
    I have been a minn kota Humminbird guy for years. Still running ultrex , solix10, helix 10 and M360.
    Took me over a year to get my H10 and M360. New birds and ultrex’s are still scarce as hens teeth.
    Just picked up a Livescope system to add to my set up. No supply issues there , heck they were even on sale !
    Just saying.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    Never said they were.
    I have been a minn kota Humminbird guy for years. Still running ultrex , solix10, helix 10 and M360.
    Took me over a year to get my H10 and M360. New birds and ultrex’s are still scarce as hens teeth.
    Just picked up a Livescope system to add to my set up. No supply issues there , heck they were even on sale !
    Just saying.
    There is a big difference between Minn Kota / Humminbird and Garmin
    Johnson Outdoors is a US company with a minor impact on the international market

Garmin has been an international corporation for decades and produces units in a multitude of countries with multiple supply chains throughout the world that can pick up the slack when another slows

They sell more units outside the US and most are commercial units for large commercial vessels but use many of the same parts so you can assume they have a larger inventory and suppliers to source from
    "The handicapped angler"