Thread: 7/31 report.

7/31 report.

After spending 7 days at the “lake of the ozarks” on a great family vacation I was ready to get back to some Iowa fishing. Made it on the water 5:30am at Anita. Used the back ramp as there was a small tournament going out the front ramp, must have been a club… man all the guys in that club had really nice boats too!! I figured I would get out of there way. It was slow at first but then the wind picked up just a bit and I had a good top water bite with a buzz bait and spook running the weed edges til 11ish. Then got a couple little guys out of brush. I don’t think I got a bite after 12… we could use some rain as it is about 1ft low. Nothing big my best 5 only went 9.47lb Lol. Still fun to fish though.

Went to Prarie rose on the 30th. Had an amazing top water bite.
    Lake was super crowded as it usualy is anymore. Had at least 6 fish in the 3lb range. Was a small derby going on wich I hear there is about every weekend lately. Remember when you could go to rose and be the only one on the water until about 1030.

North lot had 11 boats. Not sure about the other one.

3. Member
    Thanks for the report. Seems there’s a ton of tournaments going on every weekend anymore. I’ve gon to fishing smaller lakes on Saturday morning to avoid the pressure.