Thread: Verado missing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks again Don!
    Just tried new map sensor, no change. No fuel from reference line when i pull vacuum with a mighty vac hand pump.
    I did just notice, im reading 17.9 lbs of boost on my display, either running or just with the key on. Im 100% certain the boost gauge worked before with at least some accuracy, as i could watch boost pressure go from 0.0 at idle and ramp up depending on load. Boost went up, fuel consumption went up, and vice versa. This almost has to be related in some way?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Almost sounds like one of the snorkle or intake/air hoses is broken or disconnected?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Almost sounds like one of the snorkle or intake/air hoses is broken or disconnected?
    They "look" perfectly fine. Also, no hissing or weird sounds while idling with the cowling off.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    Thanks again Don!
    Just tried new map sensor, no change. No fuel from reference line when i pull vacuum with a mighty vac hand pump.
    I did just notice, im reading 17.9 lbs of boost on my display, either running or just with the key on. Im 100% certain the boost gauge worked before with at least some accuracy, as i could watch boost pressure go from 0.0 at idle and ramp up depending on load. Boost went up, fuel consumption went up, and vice versa. This almost has to be related in some way?
    Highly probable. Which Smartcraft Display are you reading "boost" on?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Highly probable. Which Smartcraft Display are you reading "boost" on?
    Its a Livorsi brand gauge, i posted a pic of it back on post number 5. It has a ton of sensors installed and reads just about everything i could think of. I can get a model number later on20230528_195608.jpg
    Last edited by Jasonrs; 05-28-2023 at 07:03 PM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd want to verify the "boost" data with G3 Diagnostic System. Almost wonder if the boost valve isn't stuck open.

I'd want to verify the "boost" data with G3 Diagnostic System. Almost wonder if the boost valve isn't stuck open.
    Me too, thanks a bunch Don. I have an appointment to get it in to a shop here locally, im stumped.
    Really dont like not being able to figure stuff out on my own, ive never had to have anything done by a marine mechanic in the past!

Well, it was diagnosed as a bad coil pack on number 4 cylinder. Tech swapped coil position from 4 to 1 and misfire also went from 4 to 1. Diagnostic equipment shows 0 boost at idle, so that is a separate issue apparently. Figured id chime in with an update for anyone else following along.

9. Member
    Did you ever find out if you had a boost issue? Also did the new coil pack correct the issue? I've got a 2015 verado 200 2b174046 doing what sounds similar, stumbles between 2500-3000 rpm, I can sometimes get it to pass the 3k mark going up 100rpm at a time. FSM taken apart, screens are all clean and regulator hose still solid. Motor has 175 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd117 View Post
    Did you ever find out if you had a boost issue? Also did the new coil pack correct the issue? I've got a 2015 verado 200 2b174046 doing what sounds similar, stumbles between 2500-3000 rpm, I can sometimes get it to pass the 3k mark going up 100rpm at a time. FSM taken apart, screens are all clean and regulator hose still solid. Motor has 175 hours.
    No boost issue, yes coil fixed it. Mine wouldnt even get to 3000 rpms i dont think...

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd117 View Post
    Please remember to open a separate post for your engine, rather than posting in another thread. See Forum Announcements for more detail.

When you open your thread, be sure to indicate what maintenance you've done the last few years (especially spark plugs).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12