Solix update failed now on version 0.000

I goofed up by putting both version 4.07 G1/G2 and G3 on the same sd card. Tried to update my Solix G1 and it failed. Now my solix shows it's on version 0.000 and I cannot get it to update at all. I've tried the following in these order after the failed install.

1. Delete both files on sd card.
    2. Download version 4.07 on sd card.
    3. Upload 4.07 onto Solix G1. Did not say failed after it was done but when I check it says it's on version 0.000.
    4. Download version 3.5 on a new sd card. (because it states you must at least be on 3.5 before downloading 4.07)
    5. installed 3.5 onto solix G1. Did not say failed after it was done but when I check it says it's on version 0.000.
    6. installed version 4.07 again just incase it works this time but still shows that the unit is on version 0.000.

I could try to install the version it was on originally (4.02) but if neither 3.5 or 4.07 worked not sure if trying to install 4.02 does anything. I called Humminbird but they've never heard of this issue before.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm stumped on this one. Never heard of one showing a version 0.000 like that. I was going to suggest you call Humminbird but you've already done that.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Yeah both my now units have successfully have the new 4.07 installed. I emailed HB back showing them the screen that says it's on version 0.000. Also my basemap is only on V1.031. The person I spoke with said she would forward this info to the engineers. Took the boat out yesterday a d everything works as far as functionality. Mapping works with my waypoints. All sonar works also. Just can't link to my other units due to being on version 0.000. Good thing I have an extra Lakemaster card for the bow unit. Really hope I don't have to send it in since it's in the middle of tournament season.

4. Member
    That is a processor/ software error. When you updated, the processor set the version to null. All 0's. In my dealings with Unix software, that will require a hard drive deletion and restore to remove the error. Just my opinion, but it will have to be done by HB. If it's working and you can live without it sharing, leave it alone. Your communications have failed due to a hand shake error in the units software boot up. Good luck

5. Member
    Do you think this issue was because I put both g1/g2 and g3 updates on the same sd card or just a coincidence?

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass1980 View Post
    Do you think this issue was because I put both g1/g2 and g3 updates on the same sd card or just a coincidence?
    The units are only supposed to apply the updates specifically for that model and ignore all others.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    That's what I thought too as I've done this in the past and it worked. Hummmmmm

8. Member
    Issue fixes since last year but just wanted to update incase this happens to someone else. HB didn't really know what to do over the phone so they had me sent it in and fixed it. Never got an answer on what really happened but they took care of me.

9. Member
    Probably corrupted firmware. They flashed it to fix it.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC