Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Someone needs to do a experiment with these chemicals they are spraying into OUR lakes. Like take a little bit and add it to a bucket of minnows or to a small farm pond and see the results so we have something to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Someone needs to do a experiment with these chemicals they are spraying into OUR lakes. Like take a little bit and add it to a bucket of minnows or to a small farm pond and see the results so we have something to go on.
    I would have them drink it and rub it all over themselves!
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

3. Member
    While I’m sure they sprayed some localized areas of the lake, there is no way they spayed the entire lake. It’s just not feasible.

What I’ve seen happen the last few years on other lakes is a new type of weed that grows really thick early in the year but dies off quickly. On Onondaga there were areas in the beginning of July that was so thick that you could barely get through with a trolling motor that is now bare bottom less than a month later. Areas where you could catch 20 lbs are now weedless and fish less. The problem is that weed out competes the usual milfoil and coon tail and once that weed dies it’s too late for the coon tail and milfoil to grow so you are left with bare bottom. Good news is doesn’t seem to hurt the fishing, but it moves the fish to structure and remaining good weeds.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

4. Member
    I hate the Onondaga string grass that’s dead by July I can never seem to figure them out there and usually end up saying screw it and heading to the river. Not worth the hassle to deal with that stuff..
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    The MLF guys did pretty well it looks like. Many of them were raving about the fishing in the article I read on MLF so it sounds like things have picked up a little bit.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    The MLF guys did pretty well it looks like. Many of them were raving about the fishing in the article I read on MLF so it sounds like things have picked up a little bit.
    They've got the skills for sure but when 75% of the cover is gone, the remaining fish crowd into the 25% clumps that remain. Target those and figure in that its now been a few weeks or more since they sprayed, and you can hammer them.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

7. Member
    have they always sprayed cayuga. been there twice love it.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    mechanical weed harvestor on Onondaga yesterday. Not a " recreation " lake so why? . leave our lakes alone!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    mechanical weed harvestor on Onondaga yesterday. Not a " recreation " lake so why? . leave our lakes alone!
    That makes no sense at all. why waste time and money on that.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    7-10 smallie caught in final round on MLF Cayuga lake .
    25.25 to win and (2) 22.45 was a tie for second on onondaga big bass bash yesterday TY god for gobies!

11. Member
    was it in front of the marina? They do it every year inside the Marina and out in front of it. This year there many weeds in front of the marina to harvest but I guess the county already paid him so he has fulfill the contract lol.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    was it in front of the marina? They do it every year inside the Marina and out in front of it. This year there many weeds in front of the marina to harvest but I guess the county already paid him so he has fulfill the contract lol.
    yes it was, seen zero weeds that would interfear with any size boat getting in our out of marina yeat was still out there, i could see if was like a mat or even weeds growing to the surface etc but as you know hardly anything there

13. Member
    yes it was, seen zero weeds that would interfear with any size boat getting in our out of marina yeat was still out there, i could see if was like a mat or even weeds growing to the surface etc but as you know hardly anything there
    Our tax dollars at “work”!
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12