Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-C View Post
    A question for you guys up there. I live in Kansas and would like to try throwing some black hair jigs here but some of the ones I've bought don't seem nearly as bulky as the ones I see these guys throwing.
    Can you guys recommend a local place to order some from?
    i would suggest contacting Jeff (basscat21) on here. He makes some really nice looking hair jigs and might be able to sell you some. He’s also the hair jig master on BBC, his knowledge on them is second to none
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    HUGE advantage to a dropshot is the significantly higher landing %. Not easy getting those big brown fish in the boat.
    I do not think at all that the dropshot has a high hook to land percentage compared to other lures quite the opposite. Talked about this alot in detail with open and elite pros most agreed. You must have a secret the rest of us do not.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    i would suggest contacting Jeff (basscat21) on here. He makes some really nice looking hair jigs and might be able to sell you some. He’s also the hair jig master on BBC, his knowledge on them is second to none
    Thanks. I will look him up. I have tried the vmc marabou jigs and the kalins but both seems real wimpy on bulk. Was thinking about trying the feider flys but a buddy had a couple and they didn't seem much better.

4. Member
    Thanks. I will look him up. I have tried the vmc marabou jigs and the kalins but both seems real wimpy on bulk. Was thinking about trying the feider flys but a buddy had a couple and they didn't seem much better.
    Actually I don't think the bucktail jigs need to be bulked up for smallies but if your mind says so then you need it for your own confidence while fishing them. So, get some black bucktails and nylon thread and bulk them up to your own liking. It's actually very easy to do once you "tackle" it.

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    I do not think at all that the dropshot has a high hook to land percentage compared to other lures quite the opposite. Talked about this alot in detail with open and elite pros most agreed. You must have a secret the rest of us do not.
    I respect your opinion bud
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

I'd try to get hooked up with someone in your area who is good with hair jigs - also some good videos on YouTube on the "how and why" they are made the way they are and when and where to use them.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12