Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh MY!

I also posted in the Lounge.
    We have had sightings in our area(mostly in lower Michigan) for years, with few documented. But now in Indiana, in my own yard, we had a cougar sighting. At 9am this past Saturday morning, I had 2 different neighbors claim that they saw this cougar walking thru my front yard. I am not surprised because we have a heavily used game trail in the back yard that follows a spring fed creek at the Mich/Indiana state line and empties into the St. Joseph River a mile to my west. Glad I don't have a outdoor cat or dog for that matter!
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    There have been several sightings of the big cats in Indiana. Its been happening for years.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    There have been several sightings of the big cats in Indiana. Its been happening for years.
    From what I have been able to find, 2015 a new state law was enacted preventing DNR from making public comments on dangerous wildlife. Whats up with that?
    I found a local posting from 2017 about a big cat killed on 933 by auto. The location was 300ft from my house! The same year Louis Stout did an article on Lion sightings.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

Buddy had 2 large donkeys killed in Southern Indiana. Cougar tracks and all. DNR said they couldn't tell what it was and that it must have been a dog........ I saw pictures of the poor donkeys and a dog didn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Buddy had 2 large donkeys killed in Southern Indiana. Cougar tracks and all. DNR said they couldn't tell what it was and that it must have been a dog........ I saw pictures of the poor donkeys and a dog didn't do it.
    5-6 yrs ago a guy in Lawrence co. Shot a wolf that was chasing his horse. He called DNR and they hauled it off wrapped in a tarp on a hitch tote to their Mitchell office for id. I asked a DNR employee about it and he shut down and denied having such. I mentioned talking to the guy that shot it and then he gave a lil info. He said "we think it's a coydog.". I reminded him he's a biologist and "he thinks" it's a coydog. He was very strange acting and was very tight lipped about the "coydog."

Saw a couple cougars the other night at a local bar lol

Quote Originally Posted by Esnow76 View Post
    Saw a couple cougars the other night at a local bar lol
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited