7-6 Viking report

I was able to get off work early. Got the 2pm till 7pm. Really tough fishing. Got few on deep structure with a wacky worm. I got a few on a top water in the flooded grass. Nothing over 15” though. Water water cleaning, and 81*wt. glad to get out though.

2. Member
    Went to Viking a couple weeks ago with the same result. I’m not sure what it is this year, maybe they’re more finicky with how clear the water is. What bugged me is how some of the offshore cover I usually fish is still above water. I’d love to see it come all the way back up to where it was before they drained it. Glad you were able to get out!

3. Member
    I hope by this fall it is at full pool. Maybe by next spring the weeds will die and we can fish it more like old times. The DNR said the draw down help the size of the pan fish but man the only I saw people catching were not very big!!! I personally have only caught 1 bass over 3lb there this year…. I’m sure there still there much be in those weeds????

4. Member
    Know someone who was there 3 weeks ago that caught a 6 1/2 pounder and 2 5 pounders.
    John the Garage Doorman

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Know someone who was there 3 weeks ago that caught a 6 1/2 pounder and 2 5 pounders.
    Those are some good bass. I wonder if he was fishing the grass or some of the off shore structure??

6. Member
    Wow

7. Member
    Fishing sucked today he only caught 5 for 7.25 today.
    John the Garage Doorman