2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Think I’ll pass for now anyway as that is a lot of equipment hanging off the front
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Think I’ll pass for now anyway as that is a lot of equipment hanging off the front
    They need to update the TM and add an assist to deploy and stow.

6. Member
    Would rather have a new and improved Ethernet box right now
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. Member
    I like the idea all its features and benefits. I have been thinking about adding a motorized pole for a while. I'm just not sure about dropping $1,500, plus $200 (360 adapter) plus, in my case, I would need to add a 2nd ethernet box. Ouch!!... but still tempted.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    I like the idea all its features and benefits. I have been thinking about adding a motorized pole for a while. I'm just not sure about dropping $1,500, plus $200 (360 adapter) plus, in my case, I would need to add a 2nd ethernet box. Ouch!!... but still tempted.
    it doesn’t need additional Ethernet.
    you plug your live into the target lock.
    So it’s no extra connections

Quote Originally Posted by OSP View Post
    it doesn’t need additional Ethernet.
    you plug your live into the target lock.
    So it’s no extra connections

Yep, page 32-----MEGA Live Imaging TargetLock Installation Guide (widen.net)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Pros and cons......you wont be able to use the trolling motor to search while you fish your going to have to use the remote or foot pedal. And its one more thing hanging there to grab grass and pads. But it will be nice for the guys who fish deeper or crappie fish alot.

11. Member
    Thank yall for that info... I missed that when reading the install instructions last night. It's sounding better and better
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter66 View Post
    Pros and cons......you wont be able to use the trolling motor to search while you fish your going to have to use the remote or foot pedal.
    The ad mentions "minn Kota steer" allowing control of BOTH the target lock and trolling motor at the same time. Sounds like you can use it to search with just the trolling motor pedal if you so choose to run it like that. If I'm interrupting it right.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

13. Member

Thumbs Up

MEGA Live TargetLock - Ultrex 45"- 52" - Includes MEGA Live Transducer

MEGA Live TargetLock™ is independently mounted from the trolling motor shaft and provides full use of the trolling motor, including Spot-Lock®, without sacrificing the sonar view. The TargetLock feature allows anglers to lock the MEGA Live beam in the direction of the structure, so even when the boat moves, the MEGA Live view stays fixed in that direction. MEGA Live Imaging™ provides the most impressive live sonar on the water, allowing the angler to watch fish and structure in real-time, in their choice of views; Down, Forward, and Landscape Modes. Engineered specifically for Minn Kota® Ultrex™ Trolling Motors to unlock exclusive features of the One-Boat Network® like TargetLock, MEGA Live Sweep (requires a source for Heading), and Minn Kota Steer (requires motor with i-Pilot Link).

Features:

MEGA Live TargetLock is mounted independently of the trolling motor steering, which allows anglers full use of their trolling motor, including Spot-Lock while having dedicated control of MEGA Live Imaging.

The TargetLock feature allows anglers to set a directional lock of the live sonar and it will keep itself oriented, so anglers never lose sight of the structure, even while the boat moves in the water.

MEGA Live TargetLock can be controlled, from the included MEGA LIVE foot pedal, the trolling motor foot pedal using the Minn Kota Steer feature (requires motor with i-Pilot Link), the Humminbird fish finder, or from an optional accessory hand remote.

The MEGA Live Sweep provides a constant 120-degree sweep out in front of the boat to help identify structure and fish while maintaining control of the trolling motor. (Requires AS GPS HS or Minn Kota Heading Sensor with Ultrex trolling Motor with the i-Pilot link)

MEGA Live Imaging allows fish and structure to be seen in real-time, with no gaps in sonar coverage, powered by the unmatched detail and clarity of MEGA Imaging® throughout the entire sonar view.

Choose from multiple viewing modes; Forward Mode for partial coverage below the boat and out away from the boat, Down Mode for a full view below, and Landscape Mode for a wide, top-down view looking out and around the boat.

Connect MEGA Live Imaging to compatible Humminbird models via the included Ethernet cable. There is no external sonar box required for installation, allowing for the connection of optional sonar source like MEGA 360 Imaging® or Built-in MEGA Imaging® to the same control head.

Compatible Humminbird control heads: All APEX™ models, All SOLIX® models, and HELIX® 8-12 G3N & HELIX 7-15 G4N models (Must be MEGA Side Imaging or MEGA Down Imaging model).

MEGA Live TargetLock is exclusively compatible with Minn Kota® Ultrex™ 45”& 52” trolling motors.

2-Year Limited Warranty

*Trolling motor not included.

What's Included?

MEGA Live Imaging Transducer
    MEGA Live Steering Assembly
    Wireless Foot Pedal
    Ultrex Mounting Kit and Hardware
    20' Ethernet Cable
    10' Power Cable

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    The ad mentions "minn Kota steer" allowing control of BOTH the target lock and trolling motor at the same time. Sounds like you can use it to search with just the trolling motor pedal if you so choose to run it like that. If I'm interrupting it right.
    Yep, that is covered in paragraph 3 of the Features and also iPilot LINK.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    There will be people that like, and people that don't.

I don't use Mega Live Imaging, and this wouldn't get me to switch - but kudos to HB for doing something new. I'm sure there will be quite a few people who will like this.

16. Member
    Well if not using a Apex you do need a ethernet box if you want the FULL capabilities of the unit.... As the Minn Kota Steer features requires connection with Link trolling motor.. so you need 2 ports which helix and Apex dont provide.. However if you are just adding the "Mount" to an already establish boat with a network your set.. If you looking to build a network or add Mega Live using this new part.. you kind of SOL for time being.. with the lack of ethernet boxes.

Carl Jocumsen shows how it's done with MEGA 360 and Target Lock/LIVE

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I believe this is Lee Livesay’s boat with Target Lock.

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

19. Member
    I got an email from HB. Several nice videos as well as this one. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Wonder how long a wait to get one ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast