Talon in conjunction with trolling motor?

Interested in getting a single talon, but have never used one. Is it possible to put the talon down and then have the trolling motor on a slow speed pulling away from the talon? Will this to hold the boat from spinning?

I thought the same thing,I started with 1. In theory you would think it will work, but you are on & off the TM constantly. In my opinion 1 Talon is worthless.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

3. Member
    Have a kicker motor so 2 would be tough on my walleye boat. Was thinking autopilot on the minnkota would adjust but…

4. Member
    The Talon is not designed to do what you are thing of doing. It is for keeping the boat in one position. With wind or current and one Talon the boat will spin around and face down wind or down current. In this case you need to get two Talons to keep the boat in any position you desire.

5. Member
    I’ve been running one talon for a few years and I just make sure I’m facing down current and it holds great.

6. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Bought one, month later I had already ordered the second, and in bigger current water lake st. Clair , Lake Erie, even smaller lakes.
    The current will sometimes turn you even with 2.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undunn View Post
    I’ve been running one talon for a few years and I just make sure I’m facing down current and it holds great.
    Same here, never had any issues!

8. Member
    My brother drops the talon, orients the boat in the direction he wants it to face and then spot locks. The boat stays put regardless of wind or current. Perfect for keeping a tight line on those breezy senko chucking days, especially for the kids...