F205 Prop Question

Has anyone tried a 25" Fury out on the F205? Factory recommends/provides 23" Fury. My spare leftover from Ranger Z520C is a 25" Fury, just wondering if it will get up on plane?

2. Member
    My F195 gets on plane with a PTP VMX 3 blade 26p, so I don't see why planing would be a problem with the 25p fury on your boat. It may be lazy and you may not like the overall performance compared to the 23p.

3. Member
    I'm running a 24p. The dealer said that's what they're recommend, but there are couple people running 23s. I'm happy with the performance with the 24. I'm curious to learn of the 25 works for you.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

4. Banned
    I'm genuinely curious as to why there is so much variation in props between dealers. And it doesn't matter the brand of boat either. Is Falcon, or any other brand, not supplying the prop information to these dealers? Or do the dealers just have carte blanche as to what prop they put on the boat?

Which bring up another point. Are these dealers working with you to allow to you swap out props till you find the one you like? Or are they making you buy all these props at your expense?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as to why there is so much variation in props between dealers. And it doesn't matter the brand of boat either. Is Falcon, or any other brand, not supplying the prop information to these dealers? Or do the dealers just have carte blanche as to what prop they put on the boat?

Which bring up another point. Are these dealers working with you to allow to you swap out props till you find the one you like? Or are they making you buy all these props at your expense?
    Falcon recommended a 24 or 23 to me directly when I called them. Dealer recommended the 24. They did say I could switch out to a 23 if I wanted.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

6. Member
    I’ve always ran a 23p fury, mercury 250, on my 205. Handles great. I’ve also wanted to try a 24 just to see what the outcome would be.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpumpkin View Post
    I'm running a 24p. The dealer said that's what they're recommend, but there are couple people running 23s. I'm happy with the performance with the 24. I'm curious to learn of the 25 works for you.
    I'll post the results when i try out the 25". Sounds like it might work ok as a spare.

8. Member
    The best 25p in a 3 blade I have tried on my 205 is a tempest plus (but it doesnt like running in the heat) .....in a 4 blade its a 25p bravo xs....with that said the best overall 3 blade is a 23p fury....personally I run the 25 bravo as its only 1-1.5 slower but performs the best overall.

9. Member
    Interesting, thanks.