Monroe - Crooked Creek Launch

Never been to the ramp. Does anyone know if someone could launch a 21 foot glass boat from the Crooked Creek ramp on Monroe?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Not at normal pool. You can launch, but you can't get to the actual creek. The chute that dumps out to the creek is silted in. It needs to be at least up 1.5' and then you are likely going to drag a bit.

3. Member
    And..especially 4th of July weekend. Unless you get there at dawn or earlier to launch..the kayakers take over the ramp, all the parking and no place to park.

4. Member
    Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until its up again, or try to putt all the way back there. I was just wanting to go explore and try something new.

Thanks!

5. Member
    When I started fishing Monroe (late 80’s), that canal was 10ft deep. Crazy how much it’s silted in.

6. Member
    And it isn't just on one spot. It starts at the first opening where that little channel swings off to the right and goes all the way to the end of the horseshoe.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    When I started fishing Monroe (late 80’s), that canal was 10ft deep. Crazy how much it’s silted in.
    You'd think the DNR would dredge it every 10-20 years. lol.

I really wanted to go creek fishing, It'll probably be blow out from all this rain, anyway.

Is the first bend north of Pine Grove silted in at summer pool too? (39.109478, -86.387518) Last time I was up there it was flooded.

8. Member
    Im not sure if thats the same creek, but someone on facebook had a video of 2 large timber rattlers. Guessing they were 5 footers. So watch your step. Not sure if they were fighting or mating. If I stumble across the video again I'll post it.

9. Member
    Pine Grove Launch is same and packed with kayakers anymore. Kayakers take it over especially in holiday weekends and no place to park. I’ll be damn glad when Labor Day is over with.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Im not sure if thats the same creek, but someone on facebook had a video of 2 large timber rattlers. Guessing they were 5 footers. So watch your step. Not sure if they were fighting or mating. If I stumble across the video again I'll post it.
    Above Crooked Creek and Middle Fork Is Browning Ridge Trail and east of Middle Fork is Nebo Ridge Trail where quite a few Timber Rattlers are found.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Above Crooked Creek and Middle Fork Is Browning Ridge Trail and east of Middle Fork is Nebo Ridge Trail where quite a few Timber Rattlers are found.
    Back in the old days we only had to worry of stepping on a copperhead.

12. Member
    Me and they wife past few years have had to kill 12 to 18 copperheads out of our yard and drive way. Last year..she cut 3 females in too with shovel and they were loaded with as many as 12 babies still alive in them before hatching as I lost count over 60 killed. This year not one so far so knock on wood. They can be quite mean when they want to be. Martin Co. is full of copperheads.