Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maui Jim sunglasses

Man. I’ve worn costa for years but the last couple of pairs I had broke and their warranty was kind of a pain. I picked up some Maui Jim guardrails (aviators) tonight and I cannot believe how flexible and lightweight they are. I don’t know what kind of weird metal they’re made out of but I hope they hold up for a few years.

2. Member
    I had similar issues with Costa and switched to MJ’s….. love them.

Just replaced MJ Pehi’s that had gone through 2 sets of lenses;progressives with MJ Equators (which the dealer discounted 30%); nice. Had shop put original brand new stock lenses in the Pehi’s, love Maui Jim’s
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    Started buying Ray Ban prescription years ago, been happier with them.
    Spring temples, silicone nose cushions, titanium frames. Good stuff.

5. Member
    Switched to Maui Jim’s several years ago and love them. Have 5 or 6 pairs. Have had a few break on me but they replaced without a hassle.

6. Member
    I've got several Rx Costas and one Maui. The Maui is sturdy but the Costas still have more if a "pop" in clarity. Don't get me wrong the Maui is great but Costa has more clarity to me.

7. Member
    Love how comfortable MJ's are. I've had a number of them over the years. Over just about every other brand though it seems people steel them. I've probably had 3 or 4 pairs stolen over the years compared to 1 pair of Oakley's stolen. Seems nobody touches CDM or other brands for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've got several Rx Costas and one Maui. The Maui is sturdy but the Costas still have more if a "pop" in clarity. Don't get me wrong the Maui is great but Costa has more clarity to me.
    Haven’t worn them in very bright light yet so we will see. I agree the costa glass lenses has been too spot for me but we will see how these mjs look.

Quote Originally Posted by phelptwan View Post
    Love how comfortable MJ's are. I've had a number of them over the years. Over just about every other brand though it seems people steel them. I've probably had 3 or 4 pairs stolen over the years compared to 1 pair of Oakley's stolen. Seems nobody touches CDM or other brands for some reason.
    How are you getting sunglasses stolen?? seems odd to me.

10. Member
    I've lived in Florida for 35 years now with most of that time spent on the water. Maui Jim> any other sunglasses. And I've tried them all

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    I've lived in Florida for 35 years now with most of that time spent on the water. Maui Jim> any other sunglasses. And I've tried them all
    I agree, the rose tint Maui's are by far my favorite for all around use. Smith's chromapop is a close second.

12. Member
    I wear prescription MJ and won’t wear anything else.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    How are you getting sunglasses stolen?? seems odd to me.
    Never gone swimming? Generally don't leave them on my head when I do.

Are you swimming in Gary, Indiana or something?

15. Member
    MJ glasses are nice they have a model BIG WAVE that is an XXL size wrap around that fits very good. Only complaint is their darkest lens tent doesnt quite get dark enough for my eyes. Oakley black iridium polarize lens gets darker.

16. triton
    MJ....Very good glasses

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

MJ has great customer service too. My glasses were on top of my head and as I went to get out of my truck, they fell and I stepped on 'em... crushed!
    I called customer service to see if they do repairs and they had me send in what was left of the glasses and pay a small service fee, I think $40 or so. A few weeks later they sent me what they said were my glasses, "fully repaired", but what I actually received was a brand new pair, along with a new case. To me, that is fantastic service considering these are $200 sunglasses.

I would believe that stole once its on them, Stolen twice it on me...Applies...... But 4? Now I swim off the boat, I have hear seagulls like shinny things.......

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Are you swimming in Gary, Indiana or something?
    Nope, I've had them lifted from the following locations (this is over 20 years now though);
    St Joe Beach
    South Haven Beach
    Ramona Park (Portage)
    Once off the boat as we were shooting the shit with other fishermen
    Once off a bucket as I was fishing from a pier (this one I completely take blame for as it was a high traffic area and I wasn't paying attention)

Has Costa's warranty department gone down hill? It used to be awesome. I actually have a pair I've considered sending in because the rubber is peeling off. If so I may have to look into the MJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast