Patio doors on rv

My wife and I are looking for our 2nd camper we are looking for a bunkhouse with a bunk room for the kiddos. We have found a few we like but they have sliding patio doors. They are not park models but regular travel trailers. My question is does anybody have experience with these on campers? I know campers notoriously have issues with quality, so my concern is traveling with those doors on the road.
    2000 Ranger R81VS 175 Merc EFI

2. Member
    I was camped by a guy that had a Forest River XLR 5th wheel toy hauler with side patio. The patio floor folded up to cover the sliding doors while traveling. He made no mention of a door problem and really liked the side patio.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000Ranger View Post
    My wife and I are looking for our 2nd camper we are looking for a bunkhouse with a bunk room for the kiddos. We have found a few we like but they have sliding patio doors. They are not park models but regular travel trailers. My question is does anybody have experience with these on campers? I know campers notoriously have issues with quality, so my concern is traveling with those doors on the road.
    I can relate to your concern. Haven’t had a camper with one but sooner or later I would suspect an issue. Particularly with leaks.

4. Member
    Yeah, leaks are a big concern on rvs. I am concerned about a rock or debris from the road going through one or both of the doors while traveling.
    2000 Ranger R81VS 175 Merc EFI