My May/June report.

So I’ve been fishing hard the past couple months, got a few good fish here and there but not as good as passed years I feel. Finally bit the bullet and got a forward facing sonar (active target with a HDS live 12) that’s pretty sweet definitely going to help me, today was second time out with it and these are the results from today:-) best morning all year!! Best 5 was over 20lb and probably got 30 total. Wt temp was 81* best baits were a buzzbait,spook, bladed jig, T-rig worm. It didn’t seem like I could do wrong today… I really needed a good morning too. Happy Father’s Day to all fathers.
    DDE0FA0F-E711-4533-A9AD-E7DD5B5D3CAE.jpeg
    9A169166-8C8A-4EC9-B6E5-E210EDF628F5.jpeg
    0AC1E0F1-0F0E-4CE2-B7B0-44E24EEF96F9.jpeg
    F6D1662B-FAB7-4962-97A4-4D0F2071E923.jpeg
    17BB4B9D-E1DD-4D0B-9747-7780B5D50AB4.jpeg

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I went to viking two days ago mainly to play with my mega 360 and mega live and for sure they are game changers. However fishing sucked mainly because it was dead calm and I hate dead calm. Also just got back from Canada and we tore up the smallies with our average of over 100 a day! Best trip ever and now I'm spoiled with post spawn fishing here
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I went to viking two days ago mainly to play with my mega 360 and mega live and for sure they are game changers. However fishing sucked mainly because it was dead calm and I hate dead calm. Also just got back from Canada and we tore up the smallies with our average of over 100 a day! Best trip ever and now I'm spoiled with post spawn fishing here
    What lake in Canada? I use to fish “lake of the wood” on some of our family vacations.
    I have been on Viking few times this year as well and it has been a little slow for me.

4. Member
    Fished Viking yesterday it was slow but overall good sized fish most were between 15 and 18 inches with the biggest being 19 1/4.
    John the Garage Doorman

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    What lake in Canada? I use to fish “lake of the wood” on some of our family vacations.
    I have been on Viking few times this year as well and it has been a little slow for me.
    Rainy lake which is east of lake of the woods. Both are awesome
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Fished Viking yesterday it was slow but overall good sized fish most were between 15 and 18 inches with the biggest being 19 1/4.
    Was it a tourney John? It was probably better yesterday if there was a breeze
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Was it a tourney John? It was probably better yesterday if there was a breeze
    No tourney I have to apply for a permit for 10 July since we can't fish summit with the water low. Fishing overall has sucked this year. Every time I get out it is windy or raining or the day after a big front.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    Thanks for the report fellas

I was on prairie couple weeks ago and they started to pack up in the grass that was forming

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Thanks for the report fellas

I was on prairie couple weeks ago and they started to pack up in the grass that was forming
    Is the size getting better there?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Is the size getting better there?
    Still about 12-15 inch average best was probably a 18inch fat head