Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjignpig View Post
    Where exactly is this adjustable arm? i'm assuming boat has to be off the trailer to adjust it. I looked on mine and dont see anyhting like that. 2020 Ranger Z521L.
    look at the picture on post #9. The bolt that the 2 Sockets are on holds the arm onto a splined shaft. You can zoom in and see the splined shaft. You can adjust them with the boat on the trailer. You would loosen that bolt then pull the trailing arm off of the splines and rotate it to a new position on the splined shaft

2. Member
    ok, i see what you mean. Would i need to jack the trailer up and remove the tire before i loosen the bolt?

ok, i see what you mean. Would i need to jack the trailer up and remove the tire before i loosen the bolt?
    Yes and I believe if you move it one “tooth” it would change your height by a 1/2”

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Where exactly is this adjustable arm? i'm assuming boat has to be off the trailer to adjust it. I looked on mine and dont see anyhting like that. 2020 Ranger Z521L.
    See my post #14 and Dean's post #9

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    Good as new!

6. Member
    Does anyone know what size bolts are used on the spline. I would rather have them in hand before I start the process...Thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray66 View Post
    Does anyone know what size bolts are used on the spline. I would rather have them in hand before I start the process...Thanks!
    You can order them from the Basscatstore. They are 5/8"-11 I believe.

https://basscatstore.com/torsionboltkitgrade8.aspx

8. Member
    Hey Guys! Jumped on here to get some advice and found this thread. I have a 2017 Z520C boat with the 17" wheels. Ever since I bought the boat (2018) I have had a problem with the tires towing out at the bottom, therefore wearing extremely early. I have taken them off and tightened down on the bolts for the torsion axles, but was not aware I could move the spindle on the axle, not was I aware of changing to a grade 8 bolt. Is this issue what is causing my wearing problem on the tires? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! Also, I went to the link above to order the grade 8 bolts and Basscat website said they do not deliver where I live. Odd, I am in Ga, not Siberia! Any idea as to why? I am going to call them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrunix View Post
    Hey Guys! Jumped on here to get some advice and found this thread. I have a 2017 Z520C boat with the 17" wheels. Ever since I bought the boat (2018) I have had a problem with the tires towing out at the bottom, therefore wearing extremely early. I have taken them off and tightened down on the bolts for the torsion axles, but was not aware I could move the spindle on the axle, not was I aware of changing to a grade 8 bolt. Is this issue what is causing my wearing problem on the tires? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! Also, I went to the link above to order the grade 8 bolts and Basscat website said they do not deliver where I live. Odd, I am in Ga, not Siberia! Any idea as to why? I am going to call them.
    just go online and buy them from a supplier or a local supplier like motion industries, thats what I did hope this helps.

10. Member
    I got on the phone with the folks at Bass Cat and they were super helpful and have my grade 8 bolts on the way to me. I was wanting to see if anyone on here knew what the torque lbs spec was for these bolts. Would like to get that right with the new ones. Thanks!

11. Member
    150 ft lbs
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12